Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sig Ep in trouble

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: Sig Ep in trouble

Thats ironic...
Back to the top

There are a number of Sig Ep brothers on this message board. Maybe they can shed some light on the article. I know it's under investigation so I'm sure there's not much they can say. As a former Greek at FAU along with many of us on this message board I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Campus police have closed their investigation but forwarded the case to the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office for review, Police Chief Charles Lowe said.

"We've not had any dealings with the hazing statute previously," Lowe said. "We want the State Attorney's Office to let us know whether it meets the elements."

Full Story
Back to the top

I am a Sig Ep myself and am dissapointed with this whole situation.

I dont care to get into or defend the details of what happened nor do I condone hazing but I will say this…I believe the sole reason I have the pride for FAU that I do is because of my involvment in Sig Ep and Greek Life as a whole.  Most of my friends that I still have years later are an outcome of that organization.  I know that a lot of us still attend a ton of sportings events, are involved in the alumni association, and donate to the University.  I dont think what happened is truly symbolic of what Sig Ep at FAU is all about and for that reason I dont think "shutting down" the chapter will do any good.  The situation should be handled and the students involved reprimanded but the chapter should remain open in order to provide the opportunity for students like me who had a great time at FAU learning to love the University and build friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.

Finally, not to justify the actions of the few involved…but if a few kids on the football team get caught stealing or doing drugs would it make sense to "shut down" the football program….no.  You handle the situation with those few players and the program moves on. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I am a Sig Ep myself and am dissapointed with this whole situation.

I dont care to get into or defend the details of what happened nor do I condone hazing but I will say this…I believe the sole reason I have the pride for FAU that I do is because of my involvment in Sig Ep and Greek Life as a whole.  Most of my friends that I still have years later are an outcome of that organization.  I know that a lot of us still attend a ton of sportings events, are involved in the alumni association, and donate to the University.  I dont think what happened is truly symbolic of what Sig Ep at FAU is all about and for that reason I dont think "shutting down" the chapter will do any good.  The situation should be handled and the students involved reprimanded but the chapter should remain open in order to provide the opportunity for students like me who had a great time at FAU learning to love the University and build friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.

Finally, not to justify the actions of the few involved…but if a few kids on the football team get caught stealing or doing drugs would it make sense to "shut down" the football program….no.  You handle the situation with those few players and the program moves on.
I have to agree with this I am a member of Delta Tau Delta(newer fraternity on campus) came on spring 09 I agree kicking sig ep off would do no good they are a strong chapter at FAU and do a lot of good for the school also they have been one of the most respectful fraternity to us since we started on campus. This stuff happening at FAU dose no good for FAU or for Greek life when i think all Greeks in no matter what chapter they were in just want to see it grow and get better.
Back to the top

Sig Ep in trouble

Just an observation, but does the fact that FAU PD closed their case leans towards not having enough to charge anyone, and that the forwarding of the case to the State for review is an accuracy checkpoint??

Back to the top

Rick said

Just an observation, but does the fact that FAU PD closed their case leans towards not having enough to charge anyone, and that the forwarding of the case to the State for review is an accuracy checkpoint??

from the story it seems like they just dont have the know how to investigate this matter
Back to the top
Control functions: