Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Footbal Prospect Dies During Halftime of High School Basketball Game

FAU Footbal Prospect Dies During Halftime of High School Basketball Game

Phillip Jackson, 18, a senior who played defensive end for Sandalwood's football team and center on the basketball team, had played the entire second quarter of a game against Nease High in a holiday tournament at Terry Parker High.

After a brief talk from coach Rocky Cusack at halftime, the players started filing out the door to return to the court. That's when Jackson collapsed.

"It looked like he had a small seizure right before he fell to the floor," Cusack said. "Before that, he seemed fine. He didn't play the first quarter, but he played all of the second quarter."

"We had just finished putting together his individual highlight tape that we were going to send out to some schools. He already had received interest from Florida Atlantic and Florida International, and I guarantee you that after schools had seen this tape, they would have an interest in him. I know he was going to be a success wherever he ended up."

Full Story

Back to the top

Re: FAU Footbal Prospect Dies During Halftime of High School Basketball Game

wow!

my prayers and thoughts are with his family
Back to the top

Wow really sad story RIP to him and prayers to his family and friends
Back to the top

Wow, that's terrible. >:(
Back to the top

yeah heard about this from my brother, who coaches high school here in broward. he is friendly with that coach. don't think my brother has spoken to him yet today, though.

thoughts and prayers to the entire community up there in jacksonville. terrible terrible terrible story
Back to the top
Control functions: