Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU recruit Brett Comer leads team to 9-point Semi-final win

Add topic

Brett Comer, a junior guard on the Winter Park basketball team, missed his team's surge to the City of Palms Classic semifinals last season, thanks to spending the previous four years in Kansas.

Comer has made his return to Florida — and presence on the Wildcats — well known.

The Florida Atlantic University recruit scored a team-high 22 points with eight assists Monday night as Winter Park, ranked No. 19 in USA Today's Super 25, defeated No. 8 Alpharetta (Ga.) Milton 73-64.

FAU recruit leads team to 9-point win
Back to the top

Re: FAU recruit Brett Comer leads team to 9-point Semi-final win

ESPN has now picked up on the story…go Brett!

"Brett Comer, SG (6-3, 180)
2011, Winter Park, Fla., committed to Florida Atlantic

Comer is a solid wing guard who may have been the best player on the floor for Winter Park in its win over Milton in the second round of the. Comer is a good shooter with range to 20 feet. He showed the ability to catch and shoot as well as being able to put the ball on the floor and create offense for himself and others. He scored in transition using the "Ginobili" side step drive move to score on a couple of occasions. Team star Austin Rivers is a given on most nights, Comer did a great job playing off of Rivers and being an impact player for his squad. Comer has committed to Florida Atlantic and should be an immediate contributor for them."

Link

Back to the top

Any chance another school like a bigger program may try and step in and take him away from us?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Nice article, palyed great with and outplaying players committed to 'big six" conference shcools. And I guess until you sign on the dotted line, yes thay can and will try to steal him. Keep recruiting hard coach, let him know you really want him and hope he remains loyal to you!
Back to the top

When I spoke to him to the the article, he said he was firm...of course anything can happen in Life, but not expecting it to by any means...
Back to the top

A lot can happen between now and 2011…(As good of a job as MJ's doing I'm pretty sure he'll get some better offers hopefully he decides to see this through) but we are definitely poised to have a really really good team in 2-3 yrs.
Back to the top

owlmart said

A lot can happen between now and 2011…(As good of a job as MJ's doing I'm pretty sure he'll get some better offers hopefully he decides to see this through) but we are definitely poised to have a really really good team in 2-3 yrs.

The way the Belt is shaping up this year, we can make some noise in the East easily…
Back to the top

Rick said

owlmart said

The way the Belt is shaping up this year, we can make some noise in the East easily…
Agreed
Back to the top

FAU recruit Brett Comer leads team to 9-point Semi-final win

owlmart said

Rick said

owlmart said

Agreed

Big guys down low have show up for us to make a run.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

You can get a sneak peak of Brett tonight, after the FAU game concludes, at 9:30 tonight on ESPNU when Winter Park (Fla.) takes on Paterson Catholic (N.J.)…….

Link
Back to the top
Control functions: