Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Inching along toward greek houses

Add topic

Inching along toward greek houses

I know this is a dead horse for everyone. I know you guys were promised houses for longer than the football players were promised a stadium. For the sake of keeping everyone in the loop, here's the latest developments there:

In Fall 2007, we contracted a consultant to assess Greek Life here. This guy's feedback led to the formation of a Greek Life Strategic Plan. The plan shows that as Objective B, a "Greek Plot" area will be assigned on campus (it recommends Heritage Park, the "forest area" in the housing area) and each chapter will have a specific area to maintain/decorate.

(I'm behind this idea although I wonder if it means Heritage Park will turn into a mishmash of gardens. I wonder if anyone on here belongs to a chapter that knows about this or has started planning for what you're going to do there.)

Additionally, a Greek Housing Task Force has been formed already and they're looking at various models. The university is leaning toward owning and operate them. The Greek Life Housing Plan is then due to Dr.Brown by 2011, with houses projected for 2013/2014.

That's the latest. It's only a plan and these are objectives but it's nice to see a timeline and I know Dr.Brown wants results.
Back to the top

Re: Inching along toward greek houses

Sounds like progression sort of

Does anyone know where the houses are going?
Is it still the 4 houses idea(2 frats 2 sorors)?

As far as the plots I love the idea just not the location.
Back to the top

Re: Inching along toward greek houses

owlmart said

Does anyone know where the houses are going?
Is it still the 4 houses idea(2 frats 2 sorors)?

Last I heard… the desired location is near the stadium, although for some reason the planners were thinking of moving them to the old hospital site.

In terms of number of houses, it's supposed to be in 3's. By 2013/2014 there should be six Greek organizations that were strong/big enough to take up those houses. However, Sig Ep's future is uncertain and the Delts have an off-campus house of some kind… so… we'll see.
Back to the top
Control functions: