Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: Hofstra @ FAU Dec. 29th - 7:00PM

Add topic

Hofstra (7-5, 1-0) @ FAU (5-7, 1-1)

When: Tuesday, Dec. 29th 7:00 PM EST

Where: Boca Raton, FL - The Burrow

Live Video: FAU Pay Per View

ESPN 760 Internet Broadcast: Here

Live Stats: None

Hofstra Team Site: Here

Probable Starters:

Hofstra

G Nathaniel Lester 10.1 ppg
G Chaz Williams 7.4 ppg
G Charles Jenkins 19.3 ppg
F Miklos Szabo 7.1 ppg
F Greg Washington 7.0 ppg

FAU

G Ray Taylor 17.5 ppg
G Greg Gantt 13.6 ppg
F Sanchez Hughley 8.3 ppg
F Brett Royster 9.1 ppg
C Justin Davis 0.6 ppg

The Series

FAU and Hofstra have met four times previously, with the Pride victorious in all contests. Three of the four contests have been decided in single digit fashion. The Owl's largest margin of defeat was a 87-67 loss at home on November 21, 2000.

Hofstra at a Glance

Hofstra looks to bounce back after two losses at the Holiday Festival on December 20-21. Freshman guard Chaz Williams had a career-high 14 points during each outing for the Pride.  Most recently, Hofstra dropped a 61-52 decision to Davidson in the consolation
game on Monday evening at Madison Square Garden.

Charles Jinkins makes the wheels turn offensively for Hofstra.  The talented guard can connect from anywhere on the floor and boasts an impressive 45.7% from downtown.

Miklos Szabo is the Pride's best offensive player in the post.  He has moderate skills under the basket, but is not a threat anywhere else on the floor.

Hofstra is 16-3 in games when playing in games decided by five or fewer points in the last two seasons (3-0 this year).

FAU at a Glance

The Owls were defeated by Maryland 72-59 on Sunday in College Park; completing a five game road stretch in which they finished 1-4.

Brett Royster posted a career high 14 rebounds in the contest as the Owls managed to out rebound the Terrapins 49-45 despite the loss.

However, FAU shot a season low 31.5% from the floor.  And Maryland converted 14 turnovers into 20 points.

Jarvis continues to challenge his young squad to grow from their mistakes, and to step up to the occasion despite inexperience.

The Owls are 3-0 at FAU Arena on the year, and will play the next four games there.

Latest Line:

FAU -1

Owl's Nest Prediction

FAU comes home to play in friendly confines with a paper advantage of roughly 4 points. The two squads pretty much mirror each other in the four factors to winning with one aside - shooting.

And that matters most.

While the Pride connects better from the floor overall, they don't match-up from long range. That is where the Owls will capitalize against a welcomed downgrade on the defensive end given their last three opponents.

FAU takes more threes, and makes more threes.  And, collectively, three is worth more than two at the end of the game.

The Owls will find relief down low as well, as The Pride does not offer a daunting low post presence reminiscent of the last three opponents.

Plodding along the familiar path of home contests this season, expect another entertaining game with FAU coming away with the win in the end.

FAU -3
Back to the top

Re: Preview: Hofstra @ FAU Dec. 29th - 7:00PM

i would be pumped if FAU could take out Hofstra. There a great program and someone to mirror as we grow. Great facilities, a gym that's smaller but just nice a WKU and a great 1AA football stadium. Its hosted the lacrosse final four a couple of times, good times.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i would be pumped if FAU could take out Hofstra. There a great program and someone to mirror as we grow. Great facilities, a gym that's smaller but just nice a WKU and a great 1AA football stadium. Its hosted the lacrosse final four a couple of times, good times.

I wouldn't want to mirror Hofstra considering they just dropped their football program because of lack of funds. 
Back to the top

Thinking about bringing the family down for this one tonight.

How much are tickets for GA?

2 Adults
2 Kids under 12

Well probably leave early as the kids might get bored.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

football in NY blows, nobody cares. their facilities are legit. that's what i would like to mirrow. teams come and go, facilities make the difference.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

2 Adults
2 Kids under 12

www.fausports.com
Back to the top

has anyone used the PPV thing? i'm back home so I won't be able to be there. How much is it? Is it worth it?
Back to the top

owlfamily said

2 Adults
2 Kids under 12

Print this page out and take it to the ticket office in front of the arena…

$5 for each person = $20 total…and you even get a free popcorn each to go with it!

Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Florida Atlantic University

Just print the page…

Back to the top

Rick said

owlfamily said

2 Adults
2 Kids under 12

Print this page out and take it to the ticket office in front of the arena…

$5 for each person = $20 total…and you even get a free popcorn each to go with it!

Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Florida Atlantic University

Just print the page…

Link is to the front page of the FAU site?

Didnt see anything about a special.

Ill try calling.

Back to the top

Game Thread: Hofstra @ FAU Dec. 29th - 7:00PM

Never mind found it.

have to click on the ticket link. and its there under the "holiday" special.

Thanks for the heads up Rick.

Just 2 coming now.

Back to the top
Control functions: