Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fundamental Trouble

Add topic

Free throws key in Owl’s 67-63 loss to Hofstra

“You win if you make lay-ups, free-throws, and rebound the ball. We didn’t do any of those. Honestly, the way we played tonight, we should have lost by 20”, said Mike Jarvis.

Story
Back to the top

Re: Fundamental Trouble

Way too many opportunities squandered tonight. Do they work on free throws in practice? Because it sure doesn't seem like it.

And Ray either had an off night or teams know how to stop him now. I'm hoping it's the former.
Back to the top

Who's that dashing gentleman in the yellow shirt? He looks like he knows basketball!
Back to the top

Fundamental Trouble

owlcountry said

Way too many opportunities squandered tonight. Do they work on free throws in practice? Because it sure doesn't seem like it.

And Ray either had an off night or teams know how to stop him now. I'm hoping it's the former.

I think they figured it out. I was at the game and when Ray penetrated the lane he was blocked several times.

The big men need to get open underneath or a perimeter shoot break out so that once Ray pentrates and they collapse he can dish off. With his height hes gonna get blocked a lot on the inside.

Had a great time last night and will most likely be going to the next game on Saturday.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

owlcountry said

I think they figured it out. I was at the game and when Ray penetrated the lane he was blocked several times.

The big men need to get open underneath or a perimeter shoot break out so that once Ray pentrates and they collapse he can dish off. With his height hes gonna get blocked a lot on the inside.

Had a great time last night and will most likely be going to the next game on Saturday.

The problem last night was that History was able to key on Ray because nobody else was hitting any shots.  If Gantt, Royster, Richardson, or whoever can prove that they can put the ball in the hoop consistently, teams won't be able to pack the paint and wait for Ray to drive in.  He certainly didn't have a good game, but he also was getting zero help from his teammates most of the night…and yet we still should have had that game if they are able to knock down a few free throws.  Too many mistakes and poor rebounding doomed us. Coach Jarvis is right, we really should have lost by 20.

About the only good thing I took away from the game was that they had a nice crowd of over 1100 considering school is still out on winter break.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Who's that dashing gentleman in the yellow shirt? He looks like he knows basketball!

Lol…must be an imposter!

On a side note:

Don't know what happened to the link to the article but it has been fixed now…
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Richardson

3 minutes??
Back to the top

Until we get someone that can be phyiscal down low on offense, we will live and die by our perimeter shooting.  Royster has never been able to take the ball strong to the hoop (except maybe against the Florida Tech's and Warner's of the world).

Missed free throws are too ridiculous to even comment on…

Back to the top
Control functions: