Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Variations in Football Uniforms/Sample Alternate Uniforms

How does everyone feel about mixing in some more color to our all white uniforms or add a third option?

I am watching the Texas Tech game now and their RED jerseys look great with their BLACK pants!  Why can't we mix in a RED Jersey with BLUE or WHITE pants and alternate depending on the game?  I understand the red/blue controversy, however I am not a huge fan of the ALL WHITE look.  I just don't feel like all white is intimidating??

Just a thought!

GO OWLS!

Back to the top

Re: Variations in Football Uniforms/Sample Alternate Uniforms

I actually really liked the all white worn by Cincy last night. Of course, it didn't do too much other than look good.

I think FAU could go with white jerseys and blue pants or maybe go old school and have all gray with the normal blue and red accents.

Check out the variety of options for Oregon. This doesn't include everything.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Variations in Football Uniforms/Sample Alternate Uniforms

owlfan1 said

I actually really liked the all white worn by Cincy last night. Of course, it didn't do too much other than look good.

I think FAU could go with white jerseys and blue pants or maybe go old school and have all gray with the normal blue and red accents.

Check out the variety of options for Oregon. This doesn't include everything.

GO OWLS!!!

Oregon has 384 combinations… and none of them look good.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

We've actually brought this up to coach after one of his radio shows at Brus Room in Delray. He said pretty much they don't have the money to make any uniform changes and he's opposed to anything with Red. I happen to think a little Red in the jersey would be nice. or even an all blue. Blue pants, Blue jerseys, Blue helmets

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

Oregon has 384 combinations… and none of them look good.

Exactly. They have the silliest uniforms in college football.
Back to the top

Phil Knight, Nike founder and Oregon alum, supplies Oregon with the multitude of uniforms.

I like the idea of us having variations, but the reality is we have other things we need to buy on our limited budget.
Back to the top

How about a throwback style uniform??

Slap that SOB on a white helmet and go with some old school colors for jersey and pants. Not the most aesthetically pleasing, but it would turn some heads.

For my money Colorado has some of the best throwback unis in football.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

REALLY hated UM's new white Nike unis though!
Back to the top

Honestly, the away Jersey's are my favorite the way they are.  I really don't care about uniform changes right now.  The little money we have is best spent on other more pressing issues (stadium, recruiting).  Besides, FAU's Jerseys are a throwback  style with the varsity stripes on the pads and it seems like the trendy thing now is for teams with money to revert back to a throwback styles so why mess with it?
Back to the top

I agree, use the cash for upgrading our recruiting! Besides our unis are great and have some class, the new ones I seem don't look like football uniforms at all!
Back to the top
Control functions: