Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dan LeFevour, one of the most prolific quarterbacks in college history?

According to this article: http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1035777

"Dan LeFevour arrived at Central Michigan as a two-star prospect without any offers from major-conference programs. He will leave as one of the most prolific quarterbacks in college history."

In this story on LeFev., they forgot to mention how poorly he performed against FAU last year. Below is a link to the box scores:

Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Central Michigan Chippewas - Box Score - December 26, 2008 - ESPN
Back to the top

Re: Dan LeFevour, one of the most prolific quarterbacks in college history?

This is why I'm pulling for Troy, that kid is sooooo overrated it's not even funny.  Pure system QB.
Back to the top

The said

This is why I'm pulling for Troy, that kid is sooooo overrated it's not even funny.  Pure system QB.

That is like saying Tebow and McCoy are system QBs. Sure they are in systems that highlight their abilities, but they are good athletes who play exceptionally well within the system. Would they be as successful in a pro-style offense? Probably not, but guys like Smith wouldn't be as successful playing in a spread offense that relies heavily on QB mobility and the ability of the QB to run the ball. Like LeFevour or not, he has had tremendous success at the college level and his statistics attest to his abilities. He might not be a successful pro, but as a college QB he has been phenomenal.

In his career LeFevour has thrown for a career 66% completion percentage for 12,510 yards with 101tds and only 35ints while rushing for 2,936 and 46tds. Compare to Tebow at 66% career completion for 9,285 yards with 88tds and 16ints with 2,947 and 59tds and McCoy with 70% career completion for 13,244 yards 112tds and 45ints and 1,571 yards rushing with 20tds. For some perspective lets add Rusty Smith's numbers to the mix. Over his career Rusty totaled 56% completions for 10,112 yards with 76tds and 36ints and -335 yards rushing with 5tds. LeFevour has the numbers to compare to some of the best college QBs over the past decade.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Good numbers but still WAY overrated, look at  how Owls handled him last year.

Let's face it, he plays in the weak ass MAC!
Back to the top

haha you are all crazy

watching over overtime right now… he is legit. great college quarterback!

this guy is good
Back to the top

LeFevour=NFL bound??
Back to the top

Hey Owls, let's all say it loud, TROY SUCKS!

Good comeback by CMU, good game by LeFevour and especially by Brown! Anybody else notice Troys LB's and DT's did not exist in this game. DE's forced him to step up but nobody there over and over, easy sacks for the taking, but NOOOO!!
Back to the top

Rick said

LeFevour=NFL bound??

I've read that he will be the 3rd or 4th QB picked in the draft.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Good numbers but still WAY overrated, look at  how Owls handled him last year.

The MAC is not any weaker than the SBC. I don't understand why there is so much MAC bashing on this board. I have been an FAU fan since day one and I am not opposed to admitting that the SBC is the weakest conference in the FBS. It sometimes seems that people on this board bash the MAC to make the SBC sound better.

Secondly, to say that LeFevour plays in the MAC is like saying that Rusty has success because he plays in the SBC. In his career LeFevour has played against Boston College, Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas, Purdue, Indiana, Army, Clemson, Georgia, Arizona, and Michigan State (who he beat this year). He has also notched wins against MTSU and Troy.

Third, the question is whether or not he is one of the most prolific QBs in college history, not whether he will be a legit pro. He is one of the best college QBs of the 2000s if not college history and I will lay it on the line and say that he will be a solid pro by his 3rd year in the league.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Dan LeFevour, one of the most prolific quarterbacks in college history?

owlfan1 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Good numbers but still WAY overrated, look at  how Owls handled him last year.

The MAC is not any weaker than the SBC. I don't understand why there is so much MAC bashing on this board. I have been an FAU fan since day one and I am not opposed to admitting that the SBC is the weakest conference in the FBS. It sometimes seems that people on this board bash the MAC to make the SBC sound better.

Secondly, to say that LeFevour plays in the MAC is like saying that Rusty has success because he plays in the SBC. In his career LeFevour has played against Boston College, Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas, Purdue, Indiana, Army, Clemson, Georgia, Arizona, and Michigan State (who he beat this year). He has also notched wins against MTSU and Troy.

Third, the question is whether or not he is one of the most prolific QBs in college history, not whether he will be a legit pro. He is one of the best college QBs of the 2000s if not college history and I will lay it on the line and say that he will be a solid pro by his 3rd year in the league.

GO OWLS!!!
 couldn't have said it better myself I don't care you are if your 2ND ALL TIME in total yardage in NCAA histoy your one of the best
Back to the top
Control functions: