Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Football Loses OC to Marshall, Cans DC

Well, just when you thought ol Cristabal had it lined up, he's in the market for two new coordinators…

FIU will not renew the contract of defensive coordinator Phil Galiano…

AND offensice corrdinator Bill Legg has left the team to accept an offensive line caoch position at Marshall…

Offensive line??  What's up with that?  Maybe he saw the writing on the wall, and wanted out early…or maybe he was frustrated working under a coach who had no head coching experience coming in and it really started to show up…Legg was an OC at Purdue prior to taking the job…

Either way, it's a demotion…so intriguing he chose that over staying.

Anyway, here is the story from Pete…

FIU needs new coordinators
Back to the top

Re: FIU Football Loses OC to Marshall, Cans DC

They're just going to keep arranging pieces until something finally works.

Anyway, I thought this year's FIU team was the best I'd seen in awhile.
Back to the top

Well if it's anything like their recruitment of players, they'll end up talking to some guys from BIG TIME programs, you know, 3 star DCs, and the product on the field will be very unimpressive.  ;D

All kidding aside, actually, I think this is a good move for FIU. I don't know much about their coaches but I can say that it seems like they've got talent on the field, they could have had a very good team this year. They didn't, so you have to blame the coaches.
Back to the top

Rick said

Well, just when you thought ol Cristabal had it lined up, he's in the market for two new coordinators…

FIU will not renew the contract of defensive coordinator Phil Galiano…

AND offensice corrdinator Bill Legg has left the team to accept an offensive line caoch position at Marshall…

Offensive line??  What's up with that?  Maybe he saw the writing on the wall, and wanted out early…or maybe he was frustrated working under a coach who had no head coching experience coming in and it really started to show up…Legg was an OC at Purdue prior to taking the job…

Either way, it's a demotion…so intriguing he chose that over staying.

Anyway, here is the story from Pete…

FIU needs new coordinators

Updated/corrected info.  Legg is actually returning to Marshall to become Marshall's Offensive Coordinator AND offensive line coach, plus he is moving back "home", as he is from West Virginia.

There are several coaches who have intereviewed for the DC job, but for some reason, no names out there yet as for the new FIU OC.

Hapy New Year to all!
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

Hapy New Year to all!

Happy New Year Fanatic!

Looking forward to Jan 30th ;D
Back to the top

Let's get after their top recruits now Owl Coaches!

No stability at FIU, when a HC changes both the OC and DC he is a goner. Can only pass the blame for so long.
Back to the top

They have never had a winning season.  Let's chase our own recruits.
Back to the top

FIU Football Loses OC to Marshall, Cans DC

Bad coaching, not bad talent. You would not want Hilton?
Back to the top

FIU set to hire Toledo assistant Scott Satterfield as offensive coordinator
Back to the top
Control functions: