Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

This weather just plain sucks

Add topic

That is all.
Back to the top

Re: This weather just plain sucks

I agree!  I don't get how people live with months of this.  It's been cold for like 3 days and I hate it!
Back to the top

I am moving to Ecuador is this continues.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I agree!  I don't get how people live with months of this.  It's been cold for like 3 days and I hate it!

Three days??  Where have you been??  It has only been 70+ one day in the past 10!  ;D
Back to the top

This weather just plain sucks

dusky256fc said

I am moving to Ecuador is this continues.

a good part of ecuador is in the mountains. not that warm there either.
Back to the top

C'mon guys seriously. I haven't seen 20 degrees for the past three weeks and only a handful of days have I seen anything above 10 degrees. I don't want to hear any complaints about how cold it is at 45 degrees.  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I had to scrape the ice off my windsheild this morning……AGAIN.  And the heater in my truck is stuck blowing on my feet, so no heat.  I'm over this.  Atleast you guys down south have a few more degrees of heat than over here in Bradenton.  I remember being up in NY a couple years ago and there was some snow on the ground, but it was like 40 and sunny one day, and it seemed like the best weather ever.  I went out in jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt and a light jacket, and I was fine.  For some reason being cold down here makes it like 10 times worse.  I'll be the first to admit I'm a cold weather wimp, but I think the mental part of it affects you a lot.  I'll take the heat any day.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I had to scrape the ice off my windsheild this morning……AGAIN.  And the heater in my truck is stuck blowing on my feet, so no heat.  I'm over this.  Atleast you guys down south have a few more degrees of heat than over here in Bradenton.  I remember being up in NY a couple years ago and there was some snow on the ground, but it was like 40 and sunny one day, and it seemed like the best weather ever.  I went out in jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt and a light jacket, and I was fine.  For some reason being cold down here makes it like 10 times worse.  I'll be the first to admit I'm a cold weather wimp, but I think the mental part of it affects you a lot.  I'll take the heat any day.

Heard the crops got hammered up there pretty bad…….
Back to the top

Rick said

Heard the crops got hammered up there pretty bad…….

Yeah, I work with a couple of big farms over here and they are takin a beating, the strawberries are really getting hit hard.  They can take being frozen for a few days, but we are going on like 10 days with temps below 32 degrees.  To add to all that, we now have sinkholes opening up all over the area, which they are attributing to the farms pumping all the groundwater for crop protection.  After this winter, I'm pretty sure SWFWMD will put more irrigation restrictions on farms and that should pretty much finish off whatever farms can survive this.  It's gonna be a mess.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: