Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Final Rankings for 2009 Season

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1038018

How SBC teams finished in 2009:
  1. Troy
  2. MTSU
  3. ULL
  4. ULM
102) FAU
106) FIU
110) ASU
115) NT
120) WKU
Back to the top

Re: Final Rankings for 2009 Season

well considering the year we had.....i guess thats not that bad
Back to the top

Granted, we've only been in D-I school for four years, but I'm curious to know what our highest ranking ever was. Does anyone know?
Back to the top

58??
Back to the top

Didn't FAU finish with a better record than ULL?
I don't really care, but FAU should be ranked out of the 100's.

I think our highest was #54 in 2007, but that's relative.

GO OWLS
Back to the top

No, ULL 6-6, FAU 5-7. BUT WE DID BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM IN THEIR HOUSE!

Sadly, we are the lowest rated 5 win team, we gotta get out of the BELT, no respect here, and no thanks to TROY who CAN'T WIN A FREAKIN BOWL GAME! Two years in a row, double digit lead in 4th qtr and WHAM!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Sadly, we are the lowest rated 5 win team, we gotta get out of the BELT, no respect here, and no thanks to TROY who CAN'T WIN A FREAKIN BOWL GAME! Two years in a row, double digit lead in 4th qtr and WHAM!

It's difficult to poo poo the Belt when you don't win the Belt!  When you are middle-of-the-Belt…what respect are you expecting?
Back to the top

fauowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

It's difficult to poo poo the Belt when you don't win the Belt!  When you are middle-of-the-Belt…what respect are you expecting?

Agreed, so lets move to a higher conference (not happening) and get the snot beat out of us every game….instead of every other…..I dunno about you but 105 is better than 120
Back to the top

Final Rankings for 2009 Season

Nunzio42 said

fauowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Agreed, so lets move to a higher conference (not happening) and get the snot beat out of us every game….instead of every other…..I dunno about you but 105 is better than 120

You make an excellent point.  We all want to move to a bcs conference eventually (me included), but that could mean losing for 10 years. What that will do to the fan base, etc., is worth thinking about.  Timing is everything.
Back to the top

yah, i was all about moving up a year ago, but with another year comes more knowledge and capability to see things "big picture"

Moving up would KILL our non-exisistent fan base……(i know that there are a core group of donors and fans that will be here whatever happens)

The "average" fan would be discouraged and decide to go fly a kite on game day instead of show up to to watch the Owls.

What we need to hope for is more competition in the belt, more bowl tie ins, and some more big wins as a conference vs large programs on national TV.
Back to the top
Control functions: