Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chappell leaving impression on FAU

Nice article on Freshman OL Chris Chappell…

============================================================
===========================

College life can be an intimidating transition for any student athlete, including Florida Atlantic freshman Chris Chappell.

After signing with the FAU Owls last year, the former West Nassau standout now has his first semester of college and first Division I football season under his belt. Chris has found himself in a new world with a fresh football program and a legend for a coach.

"It's a little different from high school football because the coaches don't care," he said. "I mean, they're still there, but if you don't show up for practice, they're not going to be on your butt about it. They know if you want to play, you'll show up."

As a player for the West Nassau Warriors, Chris earned All-County honors in 2008 as a standout offensive lineman. He also became the first Warrior to sign a scholarship with a Division I school.

"One of the nicest things about him was how easy he was to work with," Warrior head coach George Nelson said. "He is the stereotypical player that coaches love to coach."

Full Article
Back to the top

Re: Chappell leaving impression on FAU

Rick said

Nice article on Freshman OL Chris Chappell…

============================================================
===========================

College life can be an intimidating transition for any student athlete, including Florida Atlantic freshman Chris Chappell.

After signing with the FAU Owls last year, the former West Nassau standout now has his first semester of college and first Division I football season under his belt. Chris has found himself in a new world with a fresh football program and a legend for a coach.

"It's a little different from high school football because the coaches don't care," he said. "I mean, they're still there, but if you don't show up for practice, they're not going to be on your butt about it. They know if you want to play, you'll show up."

As a player for the West Nassau Warriors, Chris earned All-County honors in 2008 as a standout offensive lineman. He also became the first Warrior to sign a scholarship with a Division I school.

"One of the nicest things about him was how easy he was to work with," Warrior head coach George Nelson said. "He is the stereotypical player that coaches love to coach."

Full Article

Not the best article, but it does give some unique insights. It is never good to see "the coaches don't care" at the beginning of an article.  :-X

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Chappell leaving impression on FAU

Yeah but I think that's a common sentiment amongst first year college students. If you didn't go to class as a Sr. in HS you'd get a call home, if you don't go in College, the profs don't usually care. Mommy doesn't get a phone call if you skip class.
Back to the top

Of course. I get it. It just doesn't necessarily come off that way in the quote.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Yeah, the media has a way of creating drama out of everything
Back to the top
Control functions: