Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tim Tebow in Super Bowl Ad . . .

Add topic

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial  . . .

Christian group uses Tebow in TV ad - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN
Back to the top

Re: Tim Tebow in Super Bowl Ad . . .

drrth said

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial  . . .

Gee, I think that add would better be used for Haitian relief as opposed to an Anti-Abortion ad.  Give me a break.
Back to the top

The said

drrth said

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial  . . .

Gee, I think that add would better be used for Haitian relief as opposed to an Anti-Abortion ad.  Give me a break.

Exactly. Maybe use it for something that doesn't have any particular religious/political influence.

On a lighter note, this might be Tebow's only chance to make it to the Super Bowl so he should make the most of it.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

The said

drrth said

Gee, I think that add would better be used for Haitian relief as opposed to an Anti-Abortion ad.  Give me a break.

Exactly. Maybe use it for something that doesn't have any particular religious/political influence.

On a lighter note, this might be Tebow's only change to make it to the Super Bowl so he should make the most of it.

GO OWLS!!!

What does that even mean??  Tim is a Christian and the last I heard (one this board also) this is a free country with free speech.

Why should or would he be in a commercial for a cause that he didn't support or want to promote?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The said

drrth said

Killing unborn children isn't important to you obviously but to Tim it apparently is.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Good for Tim, and they probably produced this ad before the Haiti earthquake. Be good to make another quick one to help there too!
Back to the top

Tim Tebow in Super Bowl Ad . . .

dusky256fc said

owlfan1 said

The said

drrth said

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial  . . .

Gee, I think that add would better be used for Haitian relief as opposed to an Anti-Abortion ad.  Give me a break.

On a lighter note, this might be Tebow's only change to make it to the Super Bowl so he should make the most of it.

GO OWLS!!!

What does that even mean??  Tim is a Christian and the last I heard (one this board also) this is a free country with free speech.

Why should or would he be in a commercial for a cause that he didn't support or want to promote?

Nobody is saying that he would be in a commercial for something he doesn't promote. Of course he is in the it because of his personal beliefs. My comment was more aimed at the fact that the Super Bowl will have an ad with a religious component and something as controversial as abortion as one of the commercials. A first as far as I know.

To turn this on its head a bit, how would people feel if a Pro-Choice advertisement featuring a prominent sports figure was going to be aired during the Super Bowl??

My suspicion is that there would be a whole lot of people coming out of the woodwork to condemn such a thing.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

The said

drrth said

Killing unborn children isn't important to you obviously but to Tim it apparently is.

Abortion issues have a different spectrum to be discussed in.  Something so controversial should NOT be presented at commercial break during the superbowl.  Sorry but when a Christian group can spend millions of dollars on a TV ad to further promote their political objectives while pimping out a big name like Tebow I do take huge issue with that.
Back to the top

The said

dusky256fc said

The said

drrth said

Abortion issues have a different spectrum to be discussed in.  Something so controversial should NOT be presented at commercial break during the superbowl.  Sorry but when a Christian group can spend millions of dollars on a TV ad to further promote their political objectives while pimping out a big name like Tebow I do take huge issue with that.

I agree with you. I was trying to be more diplomatic and get views from the other side, but I also do not feel a Super Bowl commercial is the appropriate place.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

The said

dusky256fc said

I agree that an anti-abortion ad during the Super Bowl is inappropriate; Imagine if you attended a wedding and the best man used his speech to ask for donations to support cancer research.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The commercial is going to be aired.
Back to the top
Control functions: