Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Fend off Trojans 77-74

Add topic

Gantt scores career high 29 points

Florida Atlantic (9-10, 5-3) held on to win against a determined Arkansas Little-Rock (5-14, 1-7) tonight at FAU Arena by a final score of 77-74.

FAU trailed 37-32 at the break after shooting just 32.4% from the floor, but rallied to take a 75-65 lead in the second half with 3:52 left.

However, the Owls would go scoreless until just :29 seconds remained, as the Trojans went on a 9-0 run to close to 75-74.

That’s when Alex Tucker, who sank the game winner against Middle Tennessee last Thursday, stepped to the line to seal another FAU win with two clutch free throws.

Story
Back to the top

Re: Owls Fend off Trojans 77-74

Huge game from Greg and Alex.....Brett showed up large in the 2nd half, it was nice to have him back on the court
Back to the top

We would be holding first place in the East side of the Sun Belt conference if we wouldn't have let that lead slip vs. South Alabama…thats pretty impressive with no seniors on the team and a good amount of freshman racking up playing time.  This SunBelt tourney could get interesting as I think we have the ability to beat anybody in the conference this season.

Can you imagine if we had a scoring big man to go with this team? 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Owls Fend off Trojans 77-74

Yah well i tell yah as of now Justin Davis was a bust…..he looks good sitting on the bench

Big "D"; speechless, i really hope this guy comes into his own…..this kid makes Sammy Hernadez look like an athlete

BUT

The game was completely different with Royster sitting on the bench or in the back room last night.  When and if he gets into foul trouble is when we struggle.  He is playing much better but need to fine tune it so he can stay aggressive with the blocks but keep the stupid fouls down.
Back to the top

I've always thought Royster was going to be a great player, even when he was a freshman. He's exciting to watch when he blocks shots and dunks. Last night when no one could make a layup or get the rebound, Royster just jumped up and slammed it home, it was fun to see. On the down side, he has brick hands. He needs to learn how to catch the ball in traffic. I've seen the ball bounce of his hands and out of bounds countless times. He should carry a ball around with him always and never let it leave his hands or learn how to juggle. May sound crazy, but juggling increases your hand eye coordination like nothing else,lol. Coach says he has "pro talent" which I believe…if he could stay out of foul trouble and get his offensive game a little bit better, he could be unstoppable almost.
Back to the top

Pro talent?

are you serious?

Carlos Monroe and Mike Bell were much better then Royster and they were nowhere near getting drafted. the nba is the hardest league to crack, no turnover and only two rounds in the draft. the d-league is hardly a pro league. West 5th street in Greenwich Village in NYC has higher caliber talent playing pick up games.
Back to the top

Royster has shown marked growth this year...his biggest opportunity is taking advantage of his speed more...he tends to hesitate a bit when receiving the ball...
Back to the top

Don't forget hopefully next year Chris Watson comes back
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Pro talent?

are you serious?

Carlos Monroe and Mike Bell were much better then Royster and they were nowhere near getting drafted. the nba is the hardest league to crack, no turnover and only two rounds in the draft. the d-league is hardly a pro league. West 5th street in Greenwich Village in NYC has higher caliber talent playing pick up games.

I'm only saying what Coach said
Back to the top
Control functions: