Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conference Tournament

Add topic

Conference Tournament

With all of our recent success against SBC teams, I feel that a good run in Hot Springs later in the season is a definite possibility. With that said, I want to know if it's worth it to spend the greater part of my spring break in Arkansas for the tourny. Did anyone go last year? And an even better question, am I going to be spending a ton of money there? I really want to rally up the troops and head up to support our team, but if the environment isn't the best, I'm also somewhat content in listening to the games in the comfort of my Boca apartment. Thanks to anyone that can help me out with this and GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Conference Tournament

Didn't go, but, like you have started digging around…

Average attendance at games was about 1k…

If you've never been to Hot Springs, then you may want to learn about the place before committing…it's a very laid back place…not a party town by any  means:

Things to do in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Look to shell out $95 per night for a room, unless you are ok with a Super 8 type lodge…that will drop it to around $65…
Back to the top

If the team continues to do well and looks like they are going to make it, I'd suggest going to student government. They might be willing to send up a bus or two and subsidize the cost so students could pay a minimal amount and still be able to go. There are a few of us in the pep band that have already been talking about somehow getting the money together for all of us to make the trip. Athletics wouldn't have the money to send us but there are a lot of us that want to go.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

If the team continues to do well and looks like they are going to make it, I'd suggest going to student government. They might be willing to send up a bus or two and subsidize the cost so students could pay a minimal amount and still be able to go. There are a few of us in the pep band that have already been talking about somehow getting the money together for all of us to make the trip. Athletics wouldn't have the money to send us but there are a lot of us that want to go.

18 hours by car.  i'm guessing it would be about 22 hours by bus. i just can't see SGA approving it and students even wanting to do that
Back to the top

yeah, we would definitely stay in some crappy motel. no need to get a nice place when we probably won't be there that often. i would love to see student government organize something, but yeah, most likely not going to happen.
Back to the top

Even though its a far drive,student government might try to put something together if enough students asked about it. I think we have enough fans to fill a bus, especially if its a low cost thing. Some students might not have any plans or the money to do anything for spring break so this could be something fun for them to do.
Back to the top
Control functions: