Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

You guys were close to a 7-5 season last year.  What do you think your year will be like this year and why?

Thanks,

BRF
Back to the top

Re: 2010

blueraiderfan said

You guys were close to a 7-5 season last year.  What do you think your year will be like this year and why?

Thanks,

BRF

If our D was just slightly better, we may have beaten MTSU, Wyoming, and ULM.  We easily could have won 8 or 9 games.  Hopefully the D improves enough to flip those close Ls to Ws and we'll be right back in contention for the Belt title.  The offense will be fine next year with Van Camp and Morris leading the way.
Back to the top

Do you return a lot of guys?  Any reason to think your D will improve?
Back to the top

blueraiderfan said

We will probably go: 7-5 (6-2)
@ UAB - W
@ Michigan State - L
@ ULM - W
@ Texas -L
@ USF - L
Troy -L
@ WKU -W
ULL - W
@ MTSU - L
N. Texas - W
@ Ark. State - W
FIU- W

- We have a different D coordinator in 2010
- Several key defensive players are returning
- We have several redshirted D players coming off the bench to play in 2010 (I.E. Keith Reaser)
- We played a lot of young inexperienced players on D this past season - they will be slightly more experienced in 2010.
Back to the top

O.k. thanks for the info.  I will be doing a small writeup on the CFN Sun Belt board (Scout.com: Sun Belt Message Board).  Won't be much.  just me trying to keep the word out on the conference in a small way. It should be up soon.
Back to the top

Link to the short preview:  http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2369&t=5519358  (Hey, at least it's coverage)  ;D
Back to the top

Captain said

blueraiderfan said

We will probably go: 7-5 (6-2)
@ UAB - W
@ Michigan State - L
@ ULM - W
@ Texas -L
@ USF - L
Troy -L
@ WKU -W
ULL - W
@ MTSU - L
N. Texas - W
@ Ark. State - W
FIU- W

- We have a different D coordinator in 2010
- Several key defensive players are returning
- We have several redshirted D players coming off the bench to play in 2010 (I.E. Keith Reaser)
- We played a lot of young inexperienced players on D this past season - they will be slightly more experienced in 2010.

It's likely that the UAB game will be switched for a I-AA game.  UAB has asked to push back our next two games a few years. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

It's likely that the UAB game will be switched for a I-AA game.  UAB has asked to push back our next two games a few years.

I would be on-board with that, so long as the I-AA was a home game for us. 5 consecutive away games is brutal.
Back to the top

I think we take 8 maybe 9 games this year.

Ill agree with your picks above but ill take either Troy or MTSU as a W (not both though)

and

I think we take a close one in tampa this year…..they lost some good players this year, and will be playing under a new coach.
Back to the top

I wouldn't mind going 6-2 in conference if it means us going back to another bowl. Until the D proves that they're a good enough and we can stop teams from scoring at will I'm going to say 5-7 record this year and probably 5-3 in conference. I hate being pessimistic but I just can't trust this D at least not yet. I trusted them too many times last season. If we end up playing @UAB and not rescheduling it, they're going to kill us. Joe Webb will have a field day against our D. I want them to prove me wrong, I want to be wrong. I know we can beat MTSU and I know if they give the ball to Morris more than 10x they can probably go toe to toe with Troy too. Time will tell

@ UAB - L
@ Michigan State - L
@ ULM - W
@ Texas -L
@ USF - L
Troy - L
@ WKU - W
ULL - W
@ MTSU - L
N. Texas - W
@ Ark. State - L
FIU- W

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: