Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rod Payne Replaces Pleskovic as Strength Coach...

Just got a call from Ted…he just posted a blog on the latest Coaching change…

Solid move in the weight room, IMO…

Panye takes over SC Coaching duties
Back to the top

Re: Rod Payne Replaces Pleskovic as Strength Coach...

Love it!

He will bring focus and direction into the weight room this off-season.  I love the idea that he will be "babysitting" some of our larger egos on the team….

I love the fact that Payne is in-your-face and demands respect.

Back to the top

Here's the official story:

Schnellenberger replaces strength coach
Back to the top

lol so our new strength coach's name is Payne. hahah i wouldn't wanna piss him off.
Back to the top

nextdoorSTB said

lol so our new strength coach's name is Payne. hahah i wouldn't wanna piss him off.

Guy's amazing. "THAT'S RIGHT THAT'S HOW WE DO IT!" He's always at 150%. I think his blood may be naturally infused with Red Bull.
Back to the top

nextdoorSTB said

noooo you don't! lol. I love the intensity Payne brings. I remember last year there was a scuffle on the practice field. He went right in between the 2 guys grabbed them both by their face masks and walked them right off the field! I hope he instills fear into these guys that if they become lazy that he will bring them PAYNE! I love this move and it makes all the sense in the world. Howard once again you are no dummy. You know exactly what you're doing and we love it! Great hire

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I love this move and it makes all the sense in the world. Howard once again you are no dummy. You know exactly what you're doing and we love it! Great hire

I agree this is great!  We were such an undisciplined team.  Payne will get to spend a lot of time with the guys and hopefully teach them a little discipline, respect, and intensity.

Great to see Howard making moves and not accepting last season.

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

Sorry, but respect and discipline start with the coaching staff - not the strength coach.

Be careful what you wish for young men  …… you may just get it

GO OWLS  - New Orleans 2010 !!!!
Back to the top

Rod Payne Replaces Pleskovic as Strength Coach...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

When I think of Coach Payne all I can think of it Terry Tate - Office Linebacker….especially at 1:18

'The pain train is coming woo woo!'

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

Sorry, but respect and discipline start with the coaching staff - not the strength coach.

Be careful what you wish for young men  …… you may just get it

GO OWLS  - New Orleans 2010 !!!!

So you are saying the Strength "coach" is not on the coaching staff? Totally disagree with you.  This guy will have an enormous impact on this team; including discipline and respect.
Back to the top
Control functions: