Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nick Paris Signs with IFL

Former Owl Lineman to play for the Kent Predators in 2010

Nick Paris, the starting center on Florida Atlantic’s football team from 2005-2008, has signed a contract to play for the Kent Predators of the Indoor Football League for the upcoming 2010 season.

“The Coach contacted me and asked if I was interested in playing. I told him I was interested, but not a big guy anymore and couldn’t play center. He came down, worked me out, and afterwards gave me a contract.  I’m excited about the opportunity I’ve been given”, said Paris.

Story
Back to the top

Re: Nick Paris Signs with IFL

Good for Nick. I wish him great success in his future playing career.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Nick's a great guy, very happy for him…When I spoke to him yesterday morning he said he was really excited about this opportunity…i thought he might be down about the FAU gig not panning out, but not at all…

Back to the top

yah he has lost a bunch of weight in the past year.....i wonder where they will put him
Back to the top

Rick said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Nick's a great guy, very happy for him…When I spoke to him yesterday morning he said he was really excited about this opportunity…i thought he might be down about the FAU gig not panning out, but not at all…

I met him New Orleans and we had the chance to talk a bit after the win over Memphis. Great guy. I am sure he will do great.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Where is Kent? Ohio?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Where is Kent? Ohio?

Washington…
Back to the top

Nick was in one of my classes the fall semester he injured his leg.  Funny kid and believe it or not has a pretty liberal viewpoint.
Back to the top

The said

Nick was in one of my classes the fall semester he injured his leg.  Funny kid and believe it or not has a pretty liberal viewpoint.

He struck me as someone who is a lot sharper and engaging than he might look to be from a distance (I definitely don't mean this in a bad way). There seems to be a lot more to him than what might be expected.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Nick Paris Signs with IFL

New Predators Head Coach Making Immediate Impact

Head Coach William McCarthy wasted no time adding to his roster for the 2010 season after being announced as the first Coach in team history last week. The group of six players includes a record setting collegiate Quarterback, a 2009 IFL Offensive Player of the Week, a collegiate All-Conference team member, an imposing wide receiver, and two hybrid offensive/defensive linemen.

Nick Paris-DE/LB Florida Atlantic University

Paris was a four year starter under head coach Howard Schnellenberger at Florida Atlantic University. He played center for an offensive line that was ranked in the top 15 nationally in 2007 and 2008. During his time at FAU, Paris played against many top twenty five teams in the BCS and was selected to the all-conference team in the Sun-Belt Conference during his senior year. After college, He cut weight to make a transition to the defensive side of the ball to play defensive end/linebacker, where he hopes to use his explosiveness and knowledge of how an offense runs to his advantage.

Full Release
Back to the top
Control functions: