Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2nd top 25 team for FAU

Add topic

What team do you think we make the top 25 in the polls first...Baseball has been there.

Football
Basketball

You must select between 1 and 18 options

Re: 2nd top 25 team for FAU

2nd top 25 team for FAU

owlcountry, that was from the AP so that probably was reprinted all over the place, not just the LA Times.

woot for Owls and NCAA tournie talk.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

For us to have any shot at making the top 25  in bball it would take a ton of continued success on the court and a lot of time. The earliest it could happen would be middle or late next season, and the only way that could happen is if we continued winning this year, won the conf,the tourny,made it to the ncaa tourny then start off next season with a solid non conf record. Then maybe, and thats a big maybe we might start recieving votes. That would be a huge feat to accomplish but hey anything could happen and with what this team has already accomplished this year i wouldnt put it past them. 
Back to the top

next year we should have some better home game wins vs. better RPI teams.

I still think this team has the chance to win 20 games this year. I'm very interested to see how we do this week. If we win both on the road, i really like our chances in the belt.
Back to the top

Success on the court is necessary but if you don't play top teams, you won't get to the top 25.  We can only win the games we play.  If you look at how great we are doing this year and then for grins say we also beat Georgia, Maryland, and Miami this year, we still would not be in the top 25.  The easiest and probably only way to get there would be to have a very successful season next year and get to the sweet sixteen.  To get there you would have had to prove something.  Maryland has an RPI of 49, and Georgia is #80.  You can't get to top 25 with that schedule and then when you do get the right schedule, you have to win some games.
Back to the top

We just cracked the top 200 in Basketball top 25 is a long way out, so tough call I will say football though
Back to the top
Control functions: