Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Accentuate the positive

These things I believe…

We will get our stadium built

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by the efforts of our recruiters (we usually are)

The sky is not falling

GO OWLS!!!  8)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Accentuate the positive

proudowl said

These things I believe…

I think we will be pleasantly suprised by the efforts of our recruiters (we usually are)

The sky is not falling

GO OWLS!!!  8)

I have no problem with looking at the glass half full, as Owl fans we usually have too.  However, the last two seasons 6-6 and 5-7 is just not promising to me.  All one has to do is look at the game against UAB last season to see how much the team regressed.
Back to the top

I think its the reload factor, the big three can basically reload in one year of good recruiting. We have to work twice as hard, and we're going from zero tradition and a small fan base and expected to hang with the big boys.  :P

If we focus on the fact that we don't have a stadium, we're non-BCS yadda yadda its just too pessimistic and certainly doesn't help our cause in the long run.

Of course we could always keep our eyes out for an up and coming "Lane Kiffin type" to handle our recruting.

Back to the top

I just want solid play, 7-5 / 8-4 with a shot at the sun-belt title every season would make me more than content.  We all know we are years away still from playing BCS schools tough.  I just hope the coaching isn't putting on a show by saying "well we only go after guys that fit our system".  I hope there's a method to their madness and we are able to find more diamonds in the rough but anyone who thinks we can get away with these light low star caliber recruiting classes has a rude awakening coming in the next couple seasons.
Back to the top

The said

I just want solid play, 7-5 / 8-4 with a shot at the sun-belt title every season would make me more than content.  We all know we are years away still from playing BCS schools tough.  I just hope the coaching isn't putting on a show by saying "well we only go after guys that fit our system".  I hope there's a method to their madness and we are able to find more diamonds in the rough but anyone who thinks we can get away with these light low star caliber recruiting classes has a rude awakening coming in the next couple seasons.

Sad thing is we were:

4 points away from 7-5
11 points away from 8-4

The difference between last year and previous? We LOST those close games last year that we won in 07-08. We were in every game we should of been in, (Except UAB and Troy, they WTFPOWNED us and we should NOT of lost in that fashion to either of those teams).

If we can get the D scheme worked out and have the O perform at the same level, I think well see those games won instead of lost next year.

GO OWLS.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

proudowl said

These things I believe…

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by the efforts of our recruiters (we usually are)

The sky is not falling

GO OWLS!!!  8)

Post of the day! :D
Back to the top

If we can get some discipline on the defensive side we will be okay Van Camp is used to working with the guys he'll be throing to next yr all second teamers so the offense will be fine plus I think Morris is going to have an even better season.  but really its all on the defense
Back to the top

I think the D will be VASTLY improved now with a better scheme and better strength and conditioning. I worry about the run game though with the O line losing so much experience.
Back to the top

Accentuate the positive

GeorgiaOwl said

I think the D will be VASTLY improved now with a better scheme and better strength and conditioning. I worry about the run game though with the O line losing so much experience.
Yea the Oline lost a lot of talent good thing is the back-ups got a good amount of playing time last year so they have a little bit of experience
Back to the top

I hope we're getting bigger on both sides of the line. We don't seem to have any trouble picking up skill players that can perform.

Back to the top
Control functions: