Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fox Sports: Source says Clippers Eying Isiah Thomas for GM Role

Say it ain't so!!!  ;)

"NBA Hall of Famer and current men’s basketball coach at Florida International University Isiah Thomas has emerged as one of the candidates to run the Los Angeles Clippers.

According to a source close to the situation, the Clippers have reached out to Thomas – who coached the Indiana Pacers and also the New York Knicks – to take over coaching, general manager and president duties."

Story
Back to the top

Re: Fox Sports: Source says Clippers Eying Isiah Thomas for GM Role

Cant see it happening Isiah was a horrible GM in NY.
Back to the top

Fox Sports: Source says Clippers Eying Isiah Thomas for GM Role

Oh MY GOD! But then we are talking about the Clippers.

If this happens all those big time FIU commits will be long gone. Maybe Coach Jarvis can pick up the best big man for us!
Back to the top

Is Isiah Leaving FIU

Just read a report on Fox Sports that Isiah has been contacted by the L.A. Clippers to take over as coach, general manager and president.  I guess they dont remember what he did to the Knicks.
Back to the top

Re: Is Isiah Leaving FIU

He leaves FIU with the first better offer, count on it!
Back to the top

Pete claims "no".

"I'm very happy here at FIU. We have a great recruiting class coming in next year. One of the best recruiting classes in the school's history. My 2011 class I hope that's even better. I think we have a chance to build something really special here. I love what I'm doing. I love being in between the four lines. I love coaching."

Link

Back to the top

Can someone pull the Doherty quotes? Or what about Nick Saban?

This is nothing against FIU, but it's the nature of the game, everyone wants to prove that they've got what it takes to shine on the big stage so I'd be more shocked if he turned down an offer at LA. You have to have an ego to be as good as Thomas was (as a player) in the NBA and you'd be crazy to think that he doesn't want to turn around his reputation for his previous transgressions as a coach.

If the offer is legit, he's gone. I want him to be because he is a fine recruiter that will cause us more problems in the coming years. What can I do to help???  :)
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

What can I do to help???  :)

Send him Clipper Dance Team Photos!! ;D

Back to the top
Control functions: