Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF MAJOR RECRUITING VIOLATIONS...OOOPS!!!

Add topic

UCF gets 2 years probation from NCAA due to recruiting violations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4906208

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: UCF MAJOR RECRUITING VIOLATIONS...OOOPS!!!

Ooops!

:D
Back to the top

Sorry to do this, but allow me to put a damper on your "fun":

- The NCAA didn't "put" us on anything. UCF found the violations themselves, reported it themselves, self imposed 2 years of probation, already self-imposed recruiting restrictions, and the NCAA simply said "ok".

- "Major" is a fairly ridiculous term considering we're talking about phone calls and text messages. In the NCAA world of paying players, assault, rape, cheating kids through college, etc. I'd say the use of "Major" is vastly different than my use of "Major"

- We were on a self-imposed recruiting restriction this past year, and yet still brought in our best class ever.

- The 2 employees in question left the school 2 years ago and are at SEC schools now.

- I applaud UCF's President Hitt for finding these violations and taking the internal steps to report this and deal with it.

Back to the top

What does the probation entail?
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

Sorry to do this, but allow me to put a damper on your "fun":

- The NCAA didn't "put" us on anything. UCF found the violations themselves, reported it themselves, self imposed 2 years of probation, already self-imposed recruiting restrictions, and the NCAA simply said "ok".

- "Major" is a fairly ridiculous term considering we're talking about phone calls and text messages. In the NCAA world of paying players, assault, rape, cheating kids through college, etc. I'd say the use of "Major" is vastly different than my use of "Major"

- We were on a self-imposed recruiting restriction this past year, and yet still brought in our best class ever.

- The 2 employees in question left the school 2 years ago and are at SEC schools now.

- I applaud UCF's President Hitt for finding these violations and taking the internal steps to report this and deal with it.

The article says major. Those aren't my words.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

UCF MAJOR RECRUITING VIOLATIONS...OOOPS!!!

TeamBeer said

What does the probation entail?

Nothing besides a little more NCAA oversight and a plan from UCF detailing how to avoid such troubles in the future.

Back to the top

Don't bother arguing with them knight. They are as bad as usf and ecu.  At least ucf is open about it and reported it themselves. Who knows how much stuff fau is hiding. I know they had academic issues in the past. 
Back to the top

Owl said

Don't bother arguing with them knight. They are as bad as usf and ecu.  At least ucf is open about it and reported it themselves. Who knows how much stuff fau is hiding. I know they had academic issues in the past.

I love your posts, they are so insightful.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Owl said

Who knows how much stuff fau is hiding.

most likely nothing!

Hey Owlpride, did you enjoy spending your evening here last night listening to the basketball game? Whats up with that? What a fan  ;D

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Didn't even know fau played last night. Sorry but I was not 1 of about 200 people who either listened/watched the game.
Back to the top
Control functions: