Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty Smith could be drafted as low as 5th round, however is projected 6 to 7th!

Link:    Rusty Smith | Florida Atlantic, QB : 2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Best of luck with your Pro Day Rusty!  Make us proud!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Rusty Smith could be drafted as low as 5th round, however is projected 6 to 7th!

Rusty Smith could be drafted as low as 5th round, however is projected 6 to 7th!

You have to take that site with a grain of site.  They had Frantz Joseph last year at 4-5th round.  I think Rusty is an UDFA if that.
Back to the top

Re: Rusty Smith could be drafted as low as 5th round, however is projected 6 to 7th!

The said

I think Rusty is an UDFA if that.

Same. I think Harmon has a better shot at being drafted.
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Link:     Rusty Smith | Florida Atlantic, QB : 2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Best of luck with your Pro Day Rusty!  Make us proud!

GO OWLS!

Unfortunately, that analysis for the projection was given in September before his injury.  Still, the updated QB ranking shows he is the #21 QB.  We should be thrilled to have had that ranking for a QB in our young history.  He would probably need to be in the top 15 to get drafted so I expect him to be a FA.  The injury will impact his draft status whether it affects his ability or not.  Hopefully someone picks him up for camp and he gets an opportunity.  Best of luck to Rusty!!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Hopefully someone picks him up for camp and he gets an opportunity.

Whether Rusty gets drafted or signs as an UDFA, I think he will end up with the Jags. I know they expressed interest in him and love that he is a J-ville native.
Back to the top

Captain said

Whether Rusty gets drafted or signs as an UDFA, I think he will end up with the Jags. I know they expressed interest in him and love that he is a J-ville native.

Aren't they saying the same thing about Tebow? You know the UF crowds would see him in Jville.
Back to the top

His poor practices at TX Vs. Nation has hurt him big time.
Back to the top

The said

Every QB has a bad day. This year I think Brett Favre had a game with just over a hundred yards passing, no TDs, and 1 INT. As long as you can bounce back, you'll be fine. Rusty just needs to make up for it on FAU Pro Day.
Back to the top

Captain said

The said

Every QB has a bad day. This year I think Brett Favre had a game with just over a hundred yards passing, no TDs, and 1 INT. As long as you can bounce back, you'll be fine. Rusty just needs to make up for it on FAU Pro Day.

Rusty Smith and Brett Favre should not even be mentioned in the same conversation. Favre has had bad years and he is still one of the greatest ever. Rusty has had his share of bad days with few exceptional performances. That is why he is a 6-7 rounder at best and most likely a UDFA.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Rusty Smith and Brett Favre should not even be mentioned in the same conversation. Favre has had bad years and he is still one of the greatest ever. Rusty has had his share of bad days with few exceptional performances.

I wasn't comparing their skills or talent. I was saying that everyone -even Brett Favre- has a bad day.
Back to the top
Control functions: