Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Iowa RB to transfer to a school closer to home (Florida)

Add topic

St. Pete native who went to Iowa and now wants to return closer to home. It will be interesting to see where this kid lands. FAU doesn't need an additional back at the moment, but I hope FAU is in the conversation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4926926

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Iowa RB to transfer to a school closer to home (Florida)

owlfan1 said

St. Pete native who went to Iowa and now wants to return closer to home. It will be interesting to see where this kid lands. FAU doesn't need an additional back at the moment, but I hope FAU is in the conversation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4926926

GO OWLS!!!

right now we don't need another back but Alfred Morris is a Junior and this guy will have to sit out a season, meaning that Morris will be a senior if this kid transferred to FAU and by the time he was eligible to play

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I think these are the type kids FAU needs to go after.  The kids that were sold to go to places like Iowa and Minnesota…let them know they can come home.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Seems like he's got some injury issues.  You would have to think USF or UCF would be like the most likely landing place being that he's from St. Pete.
Back to the top

The said

Seems like he's got some injury issues.  You would have to think USF or UCF would be like the most likely landing place being that he's from St. Pete.

USF more likely, though I don't know what their RB situation is at the moment.
Back to the top

I also think UCF and USF are the most likely fits, but closer to home does not necessarily mean right next door. He might just prefer not to be 20 hours away by car.

He also might end up at BCC or FAMU since the drop down would allow him to play immediately.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Iowa RB to transfer to a school closer to home (Florida)

A lot of kids do this- go to schools up North and end up coming back to Florida.

I've already predicted that Brandon Gainer will be back at UCF within 1 year after going to Kentucky and not liking it….he was the kid who surprised everyone and went UK despite all of his teammates going to UCF.
Back to the top

It happens all the time that kids go to bigger programs because of the chance to play in a BCS conference and all of the hype, just to find out that maybe they were better off at a smaller in-state program. Hopefully he lands at the school that is the best fit for his needs.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

A lot of kids do this-go to schools up North and end up coming back to Florida.

Yeah, you would think the would realize after seeing this happen repeatedly that a place like Iowa is NOT going to turn out to be like South Florida by any shape of the imagination ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: