Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jason Harmon 5th Best FB in nation by CBS Sports

Thanks to the FAU Dirty Birds for linking this on their facebook page

Overall FB Rankings

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Jason Harmon 5th Best FB in nation by CBS Sports

Am i missing something here??

"FB"??
Back to the top

At FB one of the fastest on the chart but also the lightest. Would be great out of the backfield or in motion in passing situations though.
Back to the top

Rick said

Am i missing something here??

"FB"??

It makes no sense.
Back to the top

Well he was a TE so he should know how to block,which of course would be one of his jobs as a FB. He's got decent speed for a FB. Adding on weight in the NFL isn't going to be the problem. They can get him on a workout regime and he can gain weight. He also has really good hands so can be a receiving FB type of player. I can see him as a FB definitely

Back to the top

Why Harmon over Rose though? Rose has plenty of experience at FB.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Why Harmon over Rose though? Rose has plenty of experience at FB.

Could be that Harmon has better hands. He's returned kicks this year so they see he has decent speed.  In Texas vs. the Nation they saw what he was capable of doing

Back to the top

Jason Harmon 5th Best FB in nation by CBS Sports

Jab979 said

Well he was a TE so he should know how to block,which of course would be one of his jobs as a FB. He's got decent speed for a FB. Adding on weight in the NFL isn't going to be the problem. They can get him on a workout regime and he can gain weight. He also has really good hands so can be a receiving FB type of player. I can see him as a FB definitely

I thought the knock on him as an NFL TE was blocking.  Not sure why it would work as a FB.  If FAU runs a Pro set, why didn't they use him as a FB.  Most likely because he is not a FB.  I doubt the NFL wants him just out of the backfield as a non-blocking FB.  Maybe they think he can do it if he gains a bunch of weight.  It just doesn't really add up for me, but I am not a scout…
Back to the top

I think he may have better luck at the FB position. I think one the many knocks on him at TE is his size.

I don't think he's the 5th best FB out there. Not sure how they came up with that ranking

Back to the top

It will be interesting to see what drills and workouts Harmon participates in during Pro Day next week.
Back to the top
Control functions: