Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Post Game Comments: FAU vs WKU

Add topic

Here are Brett Royster & Greg Gantt Post Game Comments:

Jarvis Post Game Commenst will be next.

Back to the top

Re: Post Game Comments: FAU vs WKU

Here are Coach Jarvis Post Game Comments:

I will be Posting some Post Game comments from the Hilltoppers Coach Ken McDonald next.
Back to the top

"So are you saying Sanchez will be back next season?"

Jarvis: "If he weren't would I be talking about him like this?"

Don't know if anyone caught that! Hughley has flourished under Jarvis. Glad to see he'll be back for a senior season and to learn more from Jarvis & co.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Here are the Hilltoppers Coach Ken McDonald's Post Game Comments:

Back to the top

Jab979 said

"So are you saying Sanchez will be back next season?"

Jarvis: "If he weren't would I be talking about him like this?"

Don't know if anyone caught that! Hughley has flourished under Jarvis. Glad to see he'll be back for a senior season and to learn more from Jarvis & co.

Your's truly asked that question…only wanted to now about him status for Saturday, etc…

But Jarvis opened it up…and figured once he started talking about his diet for next season, might as well sew up next year's status as well! ;D
Back to the top

I would like to hear from people that werent in the student section last night (either on the other side of the court or up top)

How was the student section?

i honestly felt that it was amazing to be in, i hope it appeared that way!

Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

I would like to hear from people that werent in the student section last night (either on the other side of the court or up top)

I sit on the other side.  I thought it was a great atmosphere from the student side.  Although the student attendance was less, it seemed like the group that was there last night were there getting into a "basketball" game as opposed to being there for an "event" like Bury the Burrow in Red…so it seemed more "authentic" as a basketball crowd to me.  It was great.  I also thought us old people on the other side were more animated as well also indicating the knowledge of the fan in attendance thought this game was much more important than the FIU game which it was.

A great sign that the fans are starting to get into the game and understand the importance of a game instead of just going because it's marketed more or is against a school that is closer geographically.

In basketball, WKU is the team to beat, not FIU IMHO.  Great job by all.  Just wish we could have played a little better.  Allowing WKU the second and third shots killed us.
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

I sit directly above the student section for virtually every game and I agree with fauowl the the group, although a little smaller than the FIU game, everyone seemed much more in tune to the game and man for man much more intense.  The people who were sitting around me, some regulars some not, REALLY seemed to enjoy the game and the atmosphere.

Even with the loss (due to WKU's offensive boards BTW) everyone was having a great time.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

…also I liked how the intensity of the students did not mean being disrepectful in any way.  It was just good fun.  It was also great to see the WKU fans comfortable with setting up a tent out front and enjoying themselves.  They brought more fans than FIU.  That's more money in our pocket so we want them to have a good time and come back.  Hopefully we send them home with a loss next time  ;).  It felt more like a "big time" atmosphere all around than I have ever seen at one of our games.
Back to the top

Post Game Comments: FAU vs WKU

The Dirty Birds usually walk over to the other side of the gym so we can hear Jarvis' post game. Sometimes they put it on over the speakers at the gym. Unfortunately last night they didn't do that so it was hard to hear what he was saying but as WKU fans were walking by, Nunzio kept telling them "hey great game tonight" most of the responses were "Thanks you guys played us really tough" or "Thanks, it was a great game you guys are much tougher".

I'm glad to WKU fans showed up and I hope they enjoyed themselves and I hope to see them again next year, but with hopefully a different outcome.

As for FIU as much as I dislike them, look at us last season with our first year coach and look at them this year. Pretty much similar. I expect FIU to be much more competitive next season if Isiah Thompson sticks around and his recruits don't bail on him if he leaves.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: