Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RB Ford dismissed from USF

South Florida running back Mike Ford, who was the International Bowl MVP and a candidate to start for the Bulls as a senior, was dismissed from the program for an unspecified violation of team rules Wednesday night.

South Florida dismisses RB Mike Ford for unspecified violation - ESPN

New head coach and no star RB can only increase FAU's chance of beating USF in Tampa this year.
Back to the top

Re: RB Ford dismissed from USF

Captain said

New head coach and no star RB can only increase FAU's chance of beating USF in Tampa this year.

Certainly won't hurt!
Back to the top

Captain said

Ahh yes. Dare to dream.

Speaking of RB, our best shot for the upset would be if they had one of the nation's worst run defenses.

Of course, we went into Texas thinking those guys had very little pass defense and they still smashed us…
Back to the top

USF is NOT Texas.

We should have a shot at these guys, PROVIDED the Oline can come together and give our O time to work its magic.

The Defense can ONLY go up.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

USF and Texas shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

We should have more than a decent shot at this game, but with our inconsistent play, you never know.  But we almost beat them when they were a top 10 team, so I have faith.  To repeat what the others have said, USF is no where near texas.

But no matter what I'm lookin forward to this game.  I'm thinking about football parties at the house.  The "nest" is welcome!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

There's also a big difference between USF then and USF now. They've gotten better there's no denying that. I think BJ Daniels is better than Grothe. Also Lockhart is a sandbox, USF wasn't used to it, which played to our advantage. I think maybe we can hang with them for a half. Hate to be a pessimist but I don't see it being that close of a game at the end.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I think maybe we can hang with them for a half. Hate to be a pessimist but I don't see it being that close of a game at the end.

I agree. After seeing our team last year, I'm not sure why anyone would think we have improved until we actually see a game and determine if we can play defense.
Back to the top

USF is gonna beat us. Maybe not 56 to 0, but more like 28-7. We need better recruits. We really need a stadium to prove our program is ready to take on the big boys. Showing recruits that playing ASU, Middle Tenn and teams like Wyoming at Lockhart is gonna get you a ticket in the NFL isnt gonna work. They rather play backup at UF or FSU. And we will continue to lose to this BCS conference teams as longs as we keep recruiting these nobodies. And yes we are making the best of our situation, but dont go on saying that we will be a team like USF @ USF because that just aint gonna happen.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

RB Ford dismissed from USF

bimmerman1985 said

USF is gonna beat us. Maybe not 56 to 0, but more like 28-7… And we will continue to lose to this BCS conference teams as longs as we keep recruiting these nobodies. And yes we are making the best of our situation, but don't go on saying that we will be a team like USF @ USF because that just ain't gonna happen.

You never know. By that point in the season, they may be underperforming and we may be at the top of our game, thus at least making it a close game.

But under any other circumstances yeah, we'll likely lose. I don't know if you guys have seen their new QB but he's a beast.

Back to the top
Control functions: