Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kore White

Add topic

Has anyone seen him in practice?

If he's as good as advertise it will bring the missing link to this team. Royster will be a better offensive player if he's not getting swarmed on this inside one of the two will be a consistent 15ppg player.
Back to the top

Re: Kore White

I was speaking with Ray Taylor's family after the last game.

His aunt was telling me that she has watched Kore since he was young playing ball.  She has seen some amazing talent too throughout her travels to watch ray play.  She said that Kore is one of the most dominate players in his position that she has ever seen.  He isnt all that big but he is a physical presence down below and he plays 50lbs heavier than he actually is.  Then she assured me the kid has "hops".

My reply was yah well Justin Davis looked like a beast on the bench, and fast forward, I think i would prefer him to be looking like a beast on the bench.

She also told me that D.Simpson has already decided to join Ray and some of the other players in some intense off season training.  I see this as a positive for 2 reasons.  1. he will develop more 2. all the guys will have that much more playing time together.
Back to the top

To add…

Jarvis has called two players "special".

1. Ray Taylor
2. Kore White

I know HS ball is a different level of cempetition than that of DI, but averaging two blocks shy of a triple-double for a season at Dillard aint too shabby…

Back to the top

Why did he have to sit out this season? And what position is he?
Back to the top

I must invoke the "Sammy Hernandez rule," and not form an opinion until I see him actually play  ;D
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

He transferred from Marshall so he has to sit out a year due to NCAA rules. He's a PF

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

FAUfasho said

He transferred from Marshall so he has to sit out a year due to NCAA rules. He's a PF

That's what I figured. Anyone know why he transferred?
Back to the top

fauowl said

I must invoke the "Sammy Hernandez rule," and not form an opinion until I see him actually play  ;D

Here here!!!

it must have been glaringly obvious at practice that he was not cut out to be on that Final Four squad so I've always got reservations about transfers…at least Kore isn't coming from that situation. Did he miss home or something? What's the scoop?
Back to the top

Kore White

Playing time, and to be closer to home…

Article from the summer, when he signed with FAU:

Men’s Basketball Inks Former Dillard High Star
Back to the top

We at FAU HAVE TO do something better or different. We lose far too many recruits in both FB and BB to the "hillbillies" of Marshall and West Virginia, the "corn cobs" of Iowa St. and the cold of the Eastern, Central or Western Michigan's! By the way, other than WV, not a "big time" program among them, but we still lose the recruits to then seemingly right and left!
Back to the top
Control functions: