Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Stadium

Add topic

I got this e-mail today…

FAU Stadium Friends;

I just wanted to take a moment to give you all a brief update of the progression of the football stadium.  There are a lot of key dates coming up soon that will determine the future success of this project.  Specifically, on February 8th the University sent out an intent to negotiate (ITN) for a letter of credit, bank loan, underwriting services, swap services, or private placement to all banks and financial institutions who are interested in being involved in the project.  On February 22nd the bankers and underwriters visited FAU and met with FAU personnel to get more information regarding this project.  The banks responses are due on March 9th and that is the time we will see what kind of viable options will be available to us.  If we get a positive response from the banks, we will move forward and try to get the financing plan approved on April 14th at the FAU DSO board meeting.  If that goes well we will present the documents and financial plan to the FAU Board of Trustees on April 21st.  If that goes well then we will get final approval from the Board of Governors at their June 16th-17th meeting.  If all approvals come forth, we will then be able to break ground immediately after that date.

In the meantime, the stadium design plan is continuing to go forward and the site has been cleared.  If we get the proper approvals we will have our stadium up for the first game on September 17th, 2011.

I truly believe that once the final approvals come forward that we will see a ground swell of support from all of the individuals we’ve discussed this project with over the years who have taken a “wait and see” attitude and will at that point decide to “get in the game” and join the rest of you as supporters for this stadium.

I can’t tell you how appreciative I am to you select few who have elected to get on board with this stadium project prior to seeing the final approval come with the total believe that it will become a reality.  I want you to know that this stadium will get built and we will find a way to make it happen as we all work together.  If at any time you have any questions along the way please feel free to give me a call on my cell phone at 561.706.6206.  Again, thank you very much for your interest and dedication to this stadium project through your contributions to this great endeavor.

Sincerely,

Craig W. Angelos

Director of Athletics

Oxley Athletic Center

777 Glades Road

Boca Raton, FL 33431

561.297.4434 (Office)

561.706.6206 (Cell)

[email protected]

Taking ownership in FAU…

AEA
Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Stadium

dmarkey said

The banks responses are due on March 9th

Per FAU, there were six proposals that came in to meet the deadline…

Now, they will just have to weed through them and dissect, etc…
Back to the top

Nice, now pick the one with the best terms and get this thing DONE!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I can't imagine them not picking one. Furthermore, I can't imagine the FAU BOT not approving one. So really it's just the Florida Legislature that would be a question mark… although if the financial plan is in place, I don't see why they'd be against it.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

GeorgiaOwl said

I can't imagine them not picking one. Furthermore, I can't imagine the FAU BOT not approving one. So really it's just the Florida Legislature that would be a question mark… although if the financial plan is in place, I don't see why they'd be against it.

I would imgaine that the bidding banks knew the terms that FAU was looking for to get this done, so I would think that there are multiple bids that would meet FAU's requirements here. 
Back to the top

We need a freedom of information request so that we can look them over.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I am suprised these bids are allowed to stay private.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

SeminOWL2006 said

I am suprised these bids are allowed to stay private.

I inquired…awaiting a response.
Back to the top

FAU Football Stadium

…just what we need…all the special interest groups looking at the financing so they can build a case against it.  Careful what you wish for.

Does us seeing it, impact it in any good way???
Back to the top

Its public record anyway.  The banks know that going in so I doubt they put anything stupid that they don't want the public to see in it.

Its news involving a public university….if we want to know we get to know, plain and simple.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: