Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Student Arrested on Gun Charge

Add topic

"Ryan Beauchamp packed books and heat at his college campus, police said.

The junior at Florida Atlantic University was arrested Wednesday on a possession of a weapon charge. Beauchamp, 21, had ammunition mailed to him at the Boca Raton campus for his 9 millimeter handgun, police said."

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: FAU Student Arrested on Gun Charge

I would bet he didn't have bad intentions but with the Virginia Tech incident this student has to know better. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

He lives next door to me!  :o
Back to the top

Everyone needs to just calm down…. I know him, and he's not a crazy person or whatever everyone is thinking (he's actually a good student, and an engineering major)… he's from New Hampshire… enough said. Its just what they do. Ryan is a great kid, and would NEVER hurt ANYONE. I understand why people would be nervous, but its not like that. Unfortunantely, he lived on campus and he shouldn't have had it there.  Just trying to clear his name, because he doesnt deserve this negative media attention  thats beginnning now. I hope everything works out for him.
Back to the top

FAUstudent1 said

Just trying to clear his name, because he doesnt deserve this negative media attention  thats beginnning now. I hope everything works out for him.

Did he have a permit for the gun?

If he did, he couldn't have been arrested…

With all due respect, i believe folks have the right to know about these kinds things given the society we live in today…
Back to the top

Rick said

Did he have a permit for the gun?

If he did, he couldn't have been arrested…

I'm pretty sure he could still be arrested considering he had it ON campus. I was really surprised to see that because he doesn't seem like the kind of person to have a handgun. Even if he is a good kid, he's got to know that a gun on campus would get him into trouble.
Back to the top

// //

Exactly...

Ps...How's the band looking for next year?? :)
Back to the top

FAU Student Arrested on Gun Charge

It was registered, and he had a permit, but it doesnt matter since he was on campus.
Back to the top

FAUstudent1 said

Everyone needs to just calm down…. I know him, and he's not a crazy person or whatever everyone is thinking (he's actually a good student, and an engineering major)… he's from New Hampshire… enough said. Its just what they do. Ryan is a great kid, and would NEVER hurt ANYONE. I understand why people would be nervous, but its not like that. Unfortunantely, he lived on campus and he shouldn't have had it there.  Just trying to clear his name, because he doesnt deserve this negative media attention  thats beginnning now. I hope everything works out for him.

Who is worked up?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FAUstudent1 said

It was registered, and he had a permit, but it doesnt matter since he was on campus.

He did not have a permit for a concealed weapon…
Back to the top
Control functions: