Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Researcher Receives $1.6M Grant

Add topic

"Dr. Marc Kantorow, a Florida Atlantic University researcher, has received a $1.6 million grant from the National Institutes of Health. The professor of biomedical sciences in the Charles E. Schmidt College of Biomedical Science and his colleagues will use the money to conduct research into why an important eye lens protein needed to see is damaged by aging, and how naturally occurring repair proteins can restore vision."

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: FAU Researcher Receives $1.6M Grant

He teaches in our medical school and was one of my graduate school professors, actually. Brilliant guy with a fantastic memory for the little details; I was always surprised by how much he could remember about molecular biology, a field with entirely too many details for its own good. Most students probably remember him as "the sword guy." He fences so he keeps a wooden practice sword with him during the day and uses it to point out various things on the whiteboard.

In any case, this is excellent news.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

He fences so he keeps a wooden practice sword with him during the day and uses it to point out various things on the whiteboard.

Interesting tidbit…where is he from, do you know?
Back to the top

FAU Researcher Receives $1.6M Grant

I believe he's from the northeast (US).
Back to the top
Control functions: