Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: Rutgers vs FAU - March 16, 2010

Add topic

// //
Here are the links for this Tuesday's game:

Tuesday’s Match-up: March 16th - 6:30pm ET

Florida Atlantic: Projected starter: RHP Taylor Everist (0-3, 5.49)
Rutgers: Projected starter: RHP Kyle Bradley (1-0, 1.80)

Gametracker: HERE
Listen Live:  HERE

Inside the Rutgers Dugout

Jr. OF/DH Pat Biserta was named the Big East Baseball Player of the Week.  Biserta hit .529 (9-for-17) with nine hits, including three home runs and three doubles. All 13 of his RBI and seven of his nine runs scored on the week came in the three -game series against the Golden Panthers.

Rutgers (5-8) posted a perfect 4-0 week with a midweek home win over NJIT and a three-game sweep of Florida International in Miami.

Inside the Owls Dugout

Jr. Nick DelGuidice who is batting .372, continued his hot hitting going 5-for-15 against Troy pitching, with 4 RBI. Delguidice’s hitting streak now stands at nine games, the longest for any FAU player this season.  His 11th inning heroics slammed the door on the Trojans during Saturdays game with a solo shot (his third HR of the season) that sealed the game for the Owls.

“I was sitting first pitch fast ball, it was there and I got it,” said Delguidice. “I didn’t know if it was going to go out at first, but then when the left fielder got to the wall I knew it had a chance.”

Jr Dan Scheffler has his biggest hit as an Owl on a Grand Slam homer during Friday's conference opener against Troy.  Scheffler has a team leading .395 average, had 3 hits with 5 RBI.

So. RHP Ryan Garton was another top performer during Friday's opener.  Garton pitched seven strong inning in relief of Taylor Everist, while giving up four hits, three runs and three walks. Garton threw 11 strikeouts, the most recorded by an FAU pitcher so far this season.

"They threatened and he made some huge pitches," said head coach John McCormack. "He was outstanding tonight."

Quote of the Day:

Owls Head Coach John McCormack; on the past weekend series with Troy.
“They are a prideful group, and I think we just expected to get hits and win, but they thought otherwise, I am still pleased with the series though, any time you can take two games on the road in Troy, which is a tough place to play, it’s a successful weekend.”

Back to the top

Re: Series Thread: Rutgers vs FAU - March 16, 2010

Taylor Everist gets a good start tonight, sits the Scarlet Knights quietly in the 1st.

And Raymond Church starts the Owls off with a lead-off double.
Back to the top

Series Thread: Rutgers vs FAU - March 16, 2010

Andy Mee drives in the first run of the ball game with a double of his own - 1 out.
Back to the top

Double central Ladies & Gentz - Dan Scheffler hits an RBI double to bring Mee home for the Owls second run.  The Owls three hits have been all double.
Back to the top

The Owls are roughing up the Scarlet Knight starter Kyle Bradley.

Colby Gratton follows with a RBI single to give the Owls a 3-0 lead.
Back to the top

After Gratton stole second, Colby Keller hits his first single of the evening to score another run for the Owls.

After one inning of play: FAU 4 - 0.
Back to the top

Why is it ive never been able to get the Fau feed to work for me.  I thought it was my other computers but i still cant get anything even on a new laptop straight out of the box.  Any tips.  Im starting to think its the user lol. 
Back to the top

Rutgers score a run (HR) in the second only to see the Owls answer with a run of their own.  Church drew a walk and later scored on a RBI single by Mee.  Chase Vergason also had a hit in the inning.

After two: FAU 5 Rutgers 1

Back to the top

RoscoeOwl said

Why is it ive never been able to get the Fau feed to work for me.  I thought it was my other computers but i still cant get anything even on a new laptop straight out of the box.  Any tips.  Im starting to think its the user lol.

I'm also having trouble with the live feed, wondering if it has to do with their phone line.  I did mentioned it to the SID & thought they work the problems out because it work fine all weekend during the Troy series.
Back to the top

Coach Mac goes to the pen early and bring in Barryu Rooks after Everist pitches two strong inning.

Rooks has pitched one inning so far this season and has faced 3 batters, struck out one.

Everist's numbers: 2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 SO, 9 BF, 1 HR
Back to the top
Control functions: