Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Payne to focus on Strength & Conditioning

Coach Payne to focus on Strength & Conditioning

Word from fauowlaccess is that Payne will be focusing on the strength and conditioning and we are in the hunt for a new DT Coach.

Good move?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Coach Payne to focus on Strength & Conditioning

SeminOWL2006 said

Word from fauowlaccess is that Payne will be focusing on the strength and conditioning and we are in the hunt for a new DT Coach.

Good move?

I know the coaches know what they are doing but I am assuming coach Payne is a great DT coach. Like I said, they must know what they are doing.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Word is that Payne will be focusing on the strength and conditioning and we are in the hunt for a new DT Coach.

Good move?

Too early to tell IMHO.

Lets see how the team develops this year in the weight room. Early word around from Teds blog and here was that the atheltets (from every sport not just football) was really buying into his workout philosophy. That could be huge and if so then he does need to focus on that full time.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

They guy played in the NFL, that immediately gives him credibility with the young guys. To them, if he's seen the workouts and done the workouts that the pros do, then he's worth listening to. Also, he can kick most of their asses, so that helps a bit.

He's also got Big Blue helping him who played at a higher level than our guys, so they should respect him as well.
Back to the top

I kind of like this move....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Also, he can kick most of their asses, so that helps a bit.

Post of the day!

(For yesterday) ;D

To add:

Have to go with your strengths in life…comparative advantage is always a great strategy…he is solid as a motivator…Coach Schnellenberger obviously thinks we can do better overall with him focusing on that solely…

Good move, IMO…
Back to the top
Control functions: