Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rec Center Expansion Open House & Party - Wed. March 24 at 5:30 PM

Add topic

Student Government, the Department of Campus Recreation and the Division of Student Affairs are excited to announce the opening of the Recreation & Fitness Center Expansion.

To celebrate, we will be hosting the Rec Center Expansion Open House and After Party on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 starting at 5:30pm.

Check out the leisure and lap pool, additional fitness center space, student lounge and more. The action starts with remarks from student leaders and University Administrators, and continues with video game competitions, pool races, the 2nd Annual Bench Press Competition, and a poolside party.

BBQ, giveaways, and door prizes will be available throughout the evening. Join us at this exciting event celebrating student life at FAU!
Back to the top

Re: Rec Center Expansion Open House & Party - Wed. March 24 at 5:30 PM

Thanks for posting Rick.  I know its not your fault but I am confused on why I am hearing about this the day of the event  ???

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Hope some of you'll can make it out.  There's going to be alot of competitions throughout the night: a wet-clothes race, bench press competition, chip shoot challenge, Wii-Sport games, and a basketball tourney.  Lots of fun and TONS of giveaways!

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

walty12 said

Thanks for posting Rick.  I know its not your fault but I am confused on why I am hearing about this the day of the event  ???

He might have just seen it. It's actually been out there for at least a week on places like the Campus Rec website.

I saw it earlier and meant to post it but forgot. Sorry about that.
Back to the top

Rec Center Expansion Open House & Party - Wed. March 24 at 5:30 PM

owlcountry said

walty12 said

He might have just seen it. It's actually been out there for at least a week on places like the Campus Rec website.

No, wasn't blaming Rick at all.  I just usually recieve emails from FAU and would have like to receive one regarding this event because I would have planned to go is all. 

Back to the top

walty12 said

owlcountry said

walty12 said

Probably because they don't want creepy old guys hanging out at the Student Gym!  ;D
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

walty12 said

owlcountry said

walty12 said

Probably because they don't want creepy old guys hanging out at the Student Gym!  ;D

Haha, I am going to spend my summer at that pool!

Back to the top

walty12 said

owlcountry said

walty12 said

No, wasn't blaming Rick at all.  I just usually recieve emails from FAU and would have like to receive one regarding this event because I would have planned to go is all.

Go to FAU.edu/campusrec and on the bottom of the page fill in your email address.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

walty12 said

owlcountry said

walty12 said

Go to FAU.edu/campusrec and on the bottom of the page fill in your email address.

Will do, thank you.

Back to the top

So did anybody go to this? Can we get a report?
Back to the top
Control functions: