Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Butler vs FAU

Add topic

Being from Indiana, I just wanted to do a comparison between Butler University (they made it to the Elite 8 this year) and FAU…just to show that a "small" school can make it.  I was mostly just curious…

Student enrollment:
Bulter: 4,500    FAU: 28,000

Campus size:
Butler: 290 acres    FAU: 850 acres

Faculty:
Butler: 328    FAU: 1,071

Basketball attendance:
Butler: 7,000 per game    FAU: 1,200 per game ( I don't know the exact number)

University Founded:
Butler: 1855    FAU: 1961

Basketball RPI:
Butler: 12    FAU: 218

This also shows the interest in basketball between central Indiana and South Florida which plays a huge role in the success of a program.

For those that don't know, the movie "Hoosiers," filmed many of the "game" scenes in Butler's Hinkle Fieldhouse.  If you have not seen the movie…rent it, buy it, download it…it is one of the all time great sports movies.

Back to the top

Re: Butler vs FAU

Butler is a very solid program…

Notice anything about faculty to student ratio??
Back to the top

Rick said

Butler is a very solid program…

Notice anything about faculty to student ratio??

That was a shocking stat to me.  Until I looked it up, I would have guessed that FAU had 3000+ faculty.

The result is Butler Freshmen have a GPA of 3.74 (on 4.0 scale) and their freshmen graduate at Butler at a 70+% rate when FAU is at 39%.

We have to realize how young we really are being established in 1961.  At the same time, I really like where FAU is headed and what they have accomplished so far, but you have to pay some dues…
Back to the top

Butler vs FAU

Basketball budgets between the schools:

1.8 MIL Butler

1.3-4 MIL FAU

On a side note Cornell's, who reached the Sweet 16, is only 822,000.

Granted, they can account for funds in different ways, so the parity is not likely to be that great at the ends of things…
Back to the top
Control functions: