Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Men’s Golf Finish Fifth Amongst Elite Field in Spring Break Championship

Add topic

Owls top Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, and Notre Dame

The Florida Atlantic University men’s golf team finished fifth among some of the nation’s elite NCAA Division I squads during the second-annual Spring Break Championship at the Gleneagles Country Club in Delray Beach.

The Owls shot a four-over-par 288 round during Sunday’s final round to surpass the University of Michigan (third after Saturday) and Florida Gulf Coast (fifth after Saturday) with an 866 team composite score.  FAU finished one stroke behind Eastern Michigan University (865) for fourth place and four strokes away from third-place Penn State (862).

“We are getting better,” said Men’s Golf Head Coach Angelo Sands.  “I would like thank my guys for all of their hard work throughout the year.  We now know that we can play with almost any of the teams in the nation.  We are just a few strokes away from the place we want to be which is contending for a national championship.”

Story

Back to the top

Re: FAU Men’s Golf Finish Fifth Amongst Elite Field in Spring Break Championship

FAU Men’s Golf Finish Fifth Amongst Elite Field in Spring Break Championship

Rick said

“We are getting better,” said Men’s Golf Head Coach Angelo Sands.  “I would like thank my guys for all of their hard work throughout the year.  We now know that we can play with almost any of the teams in the nation.  We are just a few strokes away from the place we want to be which is contending for a national championship.”

It's seeming more and more likely that we'd win a NC in something other than basketball or football (at least initially). Imagine that.
Back to the top
Control functions: