Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Steve Lavin Replaced Norm Roberts as Coach of St. Johns

Add topic

NEW YORK – Steve Lavin made his first appearance as coach of St. John's in a building he'll soon become quite familiar with – Madison Square Garden.

About 4 hours after he agreed to take charge of New York City's top college program, Lavin sat down Tuesday night for an impromptu news conference during the NIT semifinals.

Full Story

I know Exit 39 is a St. Johns fan, I remember watching St. Johns growing up as well.. Exit what do you think of this hire? I think it's a good choice but he's going to have to hire some assistants with ties to the NY area that can recruit if they ever want to be the St. Johns they once were

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Steve Lavin Replaced Norm Roberts as Coach of St. Johns

Steve Lavin Replaced Norm Roberts as Coach of St. Johns

Lavin!

Watching that guy on TV, you just knew it would come at some point…wow, took a while! Lol
Back to the top

Rick said

Lavin!

Watching that guy on TV, you just knew it would come at some point…wow, took a while! Lol

Out of coaching for 7 years. That's a long time to not be coaching. How long was it for Jarvis?

Back to the top

I think it was 5 for Jarvis.

St. Johns was having a hard time filling that job, or at least with the people they were interested in. Didn't they offer 3 other coaches before Lavin?
Back to the top

I know they offered Ga. Tech's head coach and everyone kept saying oh he's going to take the job then when it came down to it he said no thanks. Rumors were they were after Pitino but I think he's signing an extension now

Back to the top

I think they offered Billy Donovan too
Back to the top
Control functions: