Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Gantt Named Mid-Major Freshman All-American

Add topic

Honors Continue to Roll In For Freshman Guard

CollegeInsider.com has named Florida Atlantic guard Greg Gantt a Mid-Major Freshman All-American, the website announced Tuesday.

Gantt, a freshman from Gainesville, FL was FAU's leading scorer and was the leading freshman scorer in the conference, averaging 15.6 points per game. Gantt also broke the school record for three-pointers made by a freshman with 85.

Gantt was named Third-Team All-Sun Belt and led all conference players in three-pointers made per game (2.9) and three-point percentage (39.0). Gantt was also named to the NABC All-District 24 Second Team. He helped the Owls to an eight-win improvement over the previous season and recorded nine 20+ point games on the year, including a career-high 29 points versus UALR.

Rather than assembling first, second, third and fourth team squads, the collegeinsider.com Mid-Major Freshmen All-America team is one team consisting of 20 players. Division I coaches and NBA scouts are part of the selection process, but final decision rests with the collegeinsider.com staff.

Source: FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: Gantt Named Mid-Major Freshman All-American

Rick said

Division I coaches and NBA scouts are part of the selection process, but final decision rests with the collegeinsider.com staff.

Interesting. I know he's only a freshman and I'm not getting my hopes up but if NBA scouts are even looking at him now as a freshman if he continues to improve his game over the next few seasons who knows what happens. Good to have your name out there amongst the scouts. You gotta be something REALLY special to make it into the NBA with only 2 rounds in the draft

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Gantt Named Mid-Major Freshman All-American

Jab979 said

Rick said

Division I coaches and NBA scouts are part of the selection process, but final decision rests with the collegeinsider.com staff.

Interesting. I know he's only a freshman and I'm not getting my hopes up but if NBA scouts are even looking at him now as a freshman if he continues to improve his game over the next few seasons who knows what happens. Good to have your name out there amongst the scouts. You gotta be something REALLY special to make it into the NBA with only 2 rounds in the draft

I don't see Gantt going to the NBA early, he'd have to get a heck of a lot better to get to that level. Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but is not there yet. Can he? I think so, he's got great coaches around him that have done it before. If we were to lose Greg early for the NBA it'd probably be after his JR year and if he does that, they can have him because it means he had to have done something like lead the nation in 3pts or took us to the sweet 16!!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Jab979 said

Rick said

I don't see Gantt going to the NBA early, he'd have to get a heck of a lot better to get to that level. Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but is not there yet. Can he? I think so, he's got great coaches around him that have done it before. If we were to lose Greg early for the NBA it'd probably be after his JR year and if he does that, they can have him because it means he had to have done something like lead the nation in 3pts or took us to the sweet 16!!

I don't think he would leave early. I don't think we have that caliber of a player on the team at least not yet. If he continues to improve every season and he catches the eye of NBA scouts already then maybe he's got a chance but that's much further down the road and he's got a lot to work on still

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

this team has to win before anyone is getting serious looks.

I think he's awesome and its great but this team needs to win. That's why Rusty stock dropped, he never won against the other prospective NFL guys.
Back to the top
Control functions: