Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: FAU vs New Orleans

Add topic

The Match-up - Florida Atlantic: ( 16-13, SBC 7-5) - New Orleans ( 9-18, SBC 1-11 )

Friday’s Match-up: April 9th - 7:30pm ET

FAU vs UNO - The Series: The Privateers lead the series 7-2 since FAU joined the league in 2007.

FAU: Projected starter - RHP Ryan Garton (3-1, 4.28 ERA)
UNO: Projected starter - RHP Jim McGonigle (2-2, 4.34 ERA)

Gametracker: HERE
Listen Live:  HERE
[br]
Inside the Privateers Dugout
  • [li]The Privateers have dropped seven straight Sun Belt games, have yet to lose a home series against the Owls going 5-1 at home.[/li]
    [li]The Privateers are paced by senior infielder Nick Schwaner (.343, 8 HRs, 30 RBIs) and junior Nolan Church (.383, 2 HRs, 9 RBIs). [/li]
    [li]New Orleans completed a sweep of Southern on Tuesday.  The Privateers hit three home runs and tallied 14 hits during Tuesday victory. Mike Petello hit two home runs, and Schnell added two hits and two RBIs. Wethers finished 2-for-2 with three RBIs in that contest.[/li]
[br]
Inside the Owls Dugout
  • [li]The Owls will try to snap a four-game losing streak on the road against New Orleans…The streak is the longest of the season.[/li]
    [li]FAU has yet to win a series against the Privateers and are 1-5 as road warriors in New Orleans.[/li]
    [li]The Owls have dropped five of its last six, hitting .295 as a team during the dry spell. [/li]
    [li]The Owls are led by junior first baseman Dan Scheffler (.381, 8 home runs, 30 RBIs) and junior outfielder/relief pitcher Andy Mee (.368, 5 HRs, 22 RBIs).[/li]

[br]
Quote of the Day: From Coach John McCormack on Ryan Garton
"Between his stuff, his heart and his competitive desire when he's on the mound I feel good about it.  I hope last weekend gave him the confidence that, hey I belong in that spot and I'm going to run with it the rest of the year.  He just wants to be out there and help the team out."

Back to the top

Re: Series Thread: FAU vs New Orleans

If they dont win this series the season could slip away from them in a hurry.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

If we don't win this series, that would be a cause for concern…UNO is 1-11 in conference play; which has come against the top and bottom ranked teams…
Back to the top

The Owls go down in order in the 1st...
Back to the top

Series Thread: FAU vs New Orleans

Garton gets out of the inning with a HUGE strikeout after issuing a walk to a Privateer who later advanced to 2nd on a throwing error by Albaladejo.

No score after 1 inning of play.
Back to the top

:'(

The Privateers score first…Garton gave up a lead-off single, the UNO base runner scored the first run of the ball game on an error by Scheffler.
Back to the top

Garton gets his 2nd strike out of the game to bring the inning to a close.

After two inning of play:
FAU 0 Runs on 1 hit & 2 errors
UNO 1 Run on 2 hits
Back to the top

The Owls tie the game on an RBI double by Church…a base running mistakes by Burkhalter (out at third) for the second out of the inning & takes a base runner out of scoring position.
Back to the top

Garton slams the door on the Privateers after giving-up a lead-off double in the 3rd.
Back to the top

The Owls might be starting to find their stride…back-to-back doubles by Mee & Scheffler gives the Owls their first lead of the ball game - no outs in the 4th.
Back to the top
Control functions: