Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Video: Checking in with Rusty Smith...

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Caught up with Rusty Smith at practice today...he was there to take in the action, and even did a little tossing himself.

Up above he is having a little fun with FAU's "Number one Fan" Mike, who is at virtually every practice without fail.

Rusty's going to be busy the next couple of days, and here's the latest on him:

Back to the top

Re: Video: Checking in with Rusty Smith...

In this video, Rusty said he had an interview with the Tennessee Titans and has a tryout with the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins have 4 QBs on their current roster, while the Titans only have 2. Both teams had scouts at FAU's Pro Day, so they have already seen him in action.

So what's better: a tryout or an interview?
Back to the top

Captain said

In this video, Rusty said he had an interview with the Tennessee Titans and has a tryout with the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins have 4 QBs on their current roster, while the Titans only have 2. Both teams had scouts at FAU's Pro Day, so they have already seen him in action.

I am certainly no expert in this, but for me the interview is better.  They have already seen him perform and obviously like it enough to see what else he can bring to the table like, is he smart enough to pick up a new system quickly, is he a good kid, how are his leadership qualities, etc.
Back to the top

Don't forget the Pats too!

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Interviews are built towards the intelligence factor where a tryout leans more towards physical ability...
Back to the top

;D Umm, yeah I get the difference, all I meant was it must be a good sign if they want to get a look at him.

Back to the top

fauowl said

Captain said

I am certainly no expert in this, but for me the interview is better.  They have already seen him perform and obviously like it enough to see what else he can bring to the table like, is he smart enough to pick up a new system quickly, is he a good kid, how are his leadership qualities, etc.

Rusty is very knowledge about the game & should be able to pick-up any system quick enough…I would put his leadership skill toward the high end.  Part of being a good leader is showing the ability to adjust and listen, he has shown he can do that.

The players where interviews during Pro-Day, so I would expect a more personal interview is to pick Rusty's brain on his football knowledge with situational type of stuff…reading the defenses, check downs, audibles….etc.  Like Rick mentioned the mental aspect is a huge part of playing football especially for a QB…sometimes more so then physical attributes.  How will someone reach under pressure…
Back to the top

I know Rusty didn't go to the combine but does anyone know if he took the Wonderlic and if so, how he did?
Back to the top

Video: Checking in with Rusty Smith...

Some of those Wonderlic questions are nuts!

Back to the top
Control functions: