Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alfred Morris

Back to the top

Re: Alfred Morris

Nice recognition, but I think it is hard to compare him with top RBs that are playing in the SEC, BIG10, and BIG12. He is great for the SunBelt, but I don't know how he would perform against top talent.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Alfred Morris

owlfan1 said

Nice recognition, but I think it is hard to compare him with top RBs that are playing in the SEC, BIG10, and BIG12. He is great for the SunBelt, but I don't know how he would perform against top talent.

GO OWLS!!!

Congrats on being noticed Alfred!

He did a great job competing against good talent last year–he was one of the few bright spots on a lack luster year.  I am looking forward to Morris breaking more records in 2010.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Did well against the "big boys" too! That is what gets you respect from a small program, and that is what has hurt Rusty.
Back to the top

Its become increasingly obvious to me that Alfred has to go pro after this season.  It's very tough to put together 3 thousand yard seasons in a row at the college level and if you do scouts will worry about the milage you've put on.

Fred is a Great back with some unbelievable feet. Hopefully this is just the start of some recognition for him and another big season.

I don't see why he can't be a high round pick with a sub 4.6…
Back to the top

Schnelly said

Its become increasingly obvious to me that Alfred has to go pro after this season.  It's very tough to put together 3 thousand yard seasons in a row at the college level and if you do scouts will worry about the milage you've put on.

Fred is a Great back with some unbelievable feet. Hopefully this is just the start of some recognition for him and another big season.

I don't see why he can't be a high round pick with a sub 4.6…

I think you are a little premature in your assessment. He first has to get well over 1000 yards in 2010 and then we can maybe begin to talk about the NFL. However, he has to perform consistently and do so against the big names on the schedule in 2010.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Well yeah obviously he needs to repeat his success of last year I think that goes without saying  ;).

Back to the top

Like Rusty, a break out sophomore season, but what lies ahead, especially with a small and inexperienced line…..

I hope he can run for a 1000 and catch 50 passes to show versatility and as a major weapon for the OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Like Rusty, a break out sophomore season, but what lies ahead, especially with a small and inexperienced line…..

I hope he can run for a 1000 and catch 50 passes to show versatility and as amajor weapon for the OWLS!

GREAT POINT. I remember lots of talk about Rusty after his sophomore year. Some even saying he would be a first-rounder. We all need to keep things in perspective.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

The perspective is that if you are coming from a small school you HAVE to produce and work hard YEAR ROUND. That is why most of these guys from large schools can go pro because of their level of competition and more importantly their mesurables. There is a reason that almost every graduated senior is not getting as many looks as they hoped for. They weren't in PEAK physical shape so there was a rush to not only get into PEAK shape but THEN work on 40 times and technical parts of their games.

Rusty never had the arm to be a first round pick. That, was premature. But for Morris, a kid who is not only a great player but has a GREAT additude and personallity, he has an unbelievable shot to be a high pick and POSSIBLY come out early.  Look at guys like Jamario Thomas who started off crazy and North Texas and fizzled away never to even get a whiff of the pros.  The shelf life is short, and if you got game, you better take advantage of it because it may not stick for long as a every down bruiser. Asking a QB to produce for three-four years is one thing, asking a running back is another.
Back to the top
Control functions: