Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ray Shipman??

Add topic

Gators reserve guard Ray Shipman to transfer | www.palmbeachpost.com

He may be looking to play closer to home.  I'd love to see what Coach Jarvis could do with a former Florida Mr. Basketball.  I wonder our level of interest.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Re: Ray Shipman??

He is looking to play closer to home…

And he has a 3.8 GPA to boot.

He can play and fits our mold academically as well…

Word on the street is that he would have to do more bench time at UM, as they are already loaded at the guard spot, and will likely get some Ivy league types calling on him with the GPA being so good after two years of College…

He will have two years of eligibility left after having to sit out a year…

Without being able to comment on him as he is a potential recruit, still virtually CERTAIN FAU has him on the radar…

It should also go without saying that we currently have a great recruiter on the staff that was a Coach at UF…

;)

Back to the top

You've gotta hope that the UF connection would help with this one.

It seems like he's sharp enough to pick a school that's not only a good fit athletically which is what worries me, FIU offers a Sports Management degree where FAU can only offer a concentration in it through a Business Degree. And you know Isiah is throwing money at him! It'd be a coup to get this guy methinks.
Back to the top

I think center is a bigger need than guard, but obviously you try to get the guy if you can.  Are there any 7 footers out there that want to play closer to home?  ;)

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

You've gotta hope that the UF connection would help with this one.

It seems like he's sharp enough to pick a school that's not only a good fit athletically which is what worries me, FIU offers a Sports Management degree where FAU can only offer a concentration in it through a Business Degree. And you know Isiah is throwing money at him! It'd be a coup to get this guy methinks.

It won't help but FAU does offer an MBA in Sports Management. From what I've read about it, the course work is hard and you aren't allowed to hold down a job so you will be totally immersed in the program and available for internships.

https://www.fauexecutiveprograms.com/ApplicationFiles/web/WebFrame.cfm?web_id=982

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

High flyer for 6'-3"...

Back to the top

I hope we can provide the same sort of experience at FAU that he had at UF…sadly I don't know if we can:

http://www.alligator.org/the_avenue/sex/article_70c03c9e-482f-11df-a42c-001cc4c002e0.html

He managed to keep his grades up even with all of those extracurriculars, which impresses me. 5 to 10 girls at once is A LOT to manage!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

5 to 10 girls at once is A LOT to manage!

He quite a "player"! ;D
Back to the top

Ted has a blog up today about Shipman and say's he's hearing that he is likely joining the roster…

Ex-Gator on basketball roster?
Back to the top

Ray Shipman??

Next year is gonna be fun but the following two years…ooooooooooooh man are those gonna be some goooood years!!!  ;D

2011 will be absolutely awesome!
Back to the top
Control functions: