Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy QB not happy about being passed over for Smith

Flip Flop Football | Troy QB not happy about being passed over for Smith)

“I was not pleased to say the least,“ Brown said. “I had met with the Titans a couple of weeks before and they told me they were looking to take a quarterback in the fifth or sixth round. There were a lot of things in the paper that my parents read that said they were interested in me and a lot of stuff on talk radio. Then, they take a quarterback from the same conference as me, not the guy from their own back yard.

“That stung a little bit, but I’ll use it for motivation. I felt like I had a little better year and a better career over the past two years [than Smith], but the whole thing worked out.“

Wow despite being drafted into the NFL, the kid is still upset.
Back to the top

Re: Troy QB not happy about being passed over for Smith

So, here's a question…….

Do you think Rusty would have reacted the same way if Brown would have been drafted ahead of him??
Back to the top

I tend to keep my comments pretty sanitary, but Brown is now a pro so I don't feel the need to hold back.

This guy is weak!!!! What a cry baby. "My mom and dad read stuff in the paper that said I was going to Tennessee." Almost brings tears to my eyes. Classic douche behavior on his behalf.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

So I guess he is saying to the team that actually went to the trouble of drafting him: I wish the Titans had drafted me instead.  Nice.
Back to the top

Rick said

So, here's a question…….

Do you think Rusty would have reacted the same way if Brown would have been drafted ahead of him??

No way Rusty would have acted the same way. Eight other QBs were drafted above Rusty and I don't see him complaining.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Back to the top

LOL

You should read the Troy Message board. It about went balistic when Rusty was picked over Levi.

In true homer fashion they are predicting that Rusty will not even see a uniform during the regular season (which is possible to be sure, he isnt guranteed a spot on the roster) and that Levi will probably win the starting job in Buffalo this year.

Good Popcorn reading stuff.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Troy QB not happy about being passed over for Smith

One thing is certain, whatever happens in Rusty's career, he will do it with class and make Owl Country proud.  What a great ambassador to be our first ever draft pick.
Back to the top

For those of you that remember Jared Allen, when he went to the Bucs camp, I remember reading that the coaches were impressed with how much he knew about the Pro set. He was way ahead of everyone in that respect. Rusty got the benefit of running the Pro set in HS and college so he is way ahead.

Rusty has a good attitude. That will take him far.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

owlfamily said

LOL

You should read the Troy Message board. It about went balistic when Rusty was picked over Levi.

Post the link…….
Back to the top
Control functions: