Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Titans To Trade Collins or Simms?

According to the Tennessean "Titan Insider" it is possible…

"But right now, the Titans have four quarterbacks. Vince Young isn’t going anywhere. They just drafted Rusty Smith and they’ll give him time to develop. If the Titans tried to cut him in training camp to sneak him on the practice squad, they’d run the risk of losing him to another team.

What that means is Collins or Chris Simms won’t make the roster this fall. It’s going to be interesting to see how this one plays out."

Entry

Back to the top

According to the Tennessean "Titan Insider" it is possible…

"But right now, the Titans have four quarterbacks. Vince Young isn’t going anywhere. They just drafted Rusty Smith and they’ll give him time to develop. If the Titans tried to cut him in training camp to sneak him on the practice squad, they’d run the risk of losing him to another team.

What that means is Collins or Chris Simms won’t make the roster this fall. It’s going to be interesting to see how this one plays out."

Entry

Back to the top

Re: Titans To Trade Collins or Simms?

Ive been checking the Message boards for the titans and most seem to think that Rusty will be the third string QB with either scenario of Simms or Collins being cut.

No gurantee but i agree with one of the comments, if they were to delegate Rusty to the Practice Squad I dont think they would be in danger of losing him to another team.

The chance is there, he needs to pefrom now that he has NFL caliber talent around him in the lines and WR/TE's

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Ive been checking the Message boards for the titans and most seem to think that Rusty will be the third string QB with either scenario of Simms or Collins being cut.

No gurantee but i agree with one of the comments, if they were to delegate Rusty to the Practice Squad I dont think they would be in danger of losing him to another team.

The chance is there, he needs to pefrom now that he has NFL caliber talent around him in the lines and WR/TE's

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Did I call this or did I call this. They're not going to cut or trade Simms, but they will get rid of Collins.
Back to the top

Did I call this or did I call this. They're not going to cut or trade Simms, but they will get rid of Collins.
Back to the top

Captain said

Collins has more value than Simms. I would rather have Collins with his experience, knowledge, and success as a QB despite his age.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Captain said

Collins has more value than Simms. I would rather have Collins with his experience, knowledge, and success as a QB despite his age.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

But they just signed Simms. So as a GM how do you justify letting a player go, when you JUST signed him. Collins is a better player, but he is at the end of his contract and a depreciating asset. I would be shocked if they let Simms go before Collins.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

But they just signed Simms. So as a GM how do you justify letting a player go, when you JUST signed him. Collins is a better player, but he is at the end of his contract and a depreciating asset. I would be shocked if they let Simms go before Collins.
Back to the top
Control functions: