Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Baseball: Gipson Tosses Complete Game in 8-0 Shutout Over ASU

Add topic

Scheffler goes 2-of-4 with two RBI to lead the offense

Mike Gipson was stellar, and the bats got busy, as Florida Atlantic (28-15, 16-7) blanked Arkansas State 8-0 on Saturday.

Gipson, who has now tossed two complete game shutouts on the year, held the Red Wolves (23-19, 12-8) to just two hits while striking out seven and issuing three walks.

He had some down time during the Owls big 5th and 6th innings, but that didn’t bother him.

“I’ve been going 120 plus (pitches), so it wasn’t a big deal”, said Gipson. “The ball was coming out of my hand real firm.”

FAU took an early 1-0 lead when Dan Scheffler’s two-out RBI single scored Raymond Church.

Later in the fifth, Scheffler brought Church in again with a double that begin a three run outburst which would chase Red Wolves starter Andres Caceres (1-3) from the mound.

Story

Back to the top

Scheffler goes 2-of-4 with two RBI to lead the offense

Mike Gipson was stellar, and the bats got busy, as Florida Atlantic (28-15, 16-7) blanked Arkansas State 8-0 on Saturday.

Gipson, who has now tossed two complete game shutouts on the year, held the Red Wolves (23-19, 12-8) to just two hits while striking out seven and issuing three walks.

He had some down time during the Owls big 5th and 6th innings, but that didn’t bother him.

“I’ve been going 120 plus (pitches), so it wasn’t a big deal”, said Gipson. “The ball was coming out of my hand real firm.”

FAU took an early 1-0 lead when Dan Scheffler’s two-out RBI single scored Raymond Church.

Later in the fifth, Scheffler brought Church in again with a double that begin a three run outburst which would chase Red Wolves starter Andres Caceres (1-3) from the mound.

Story

Back to the top

Re: Baseball: Gipson Tosses Complete Game in 8-0 Shutout Over ASU

on a windy day, Gipson just dominated, it was fun to watch!
Back to the top

Re: Baseball: Gipson Tosses Complete Game in 8-0 Shutout Over ASU

on a windy day, Gipson just dominated, it was fun to watch!
Back to the top
Control functions: