Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU Could go to the Big East or C-USA

MTSU Could go to the Big East or C-USA

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20105020323

MTSU could be amid a wide-reaching reaction in college athletics set in motion by conference realignment in the next year or two.
Back to the top

Re: MTSU Could go to the Big East or C-USA

That's a very generic article.  I think you can take out MTSU and insert any SunBelt team and have the same article.  They didn't give any reasoning why it would be MTSU over anyone else.

I believe geography will play some role as teams and conferences want to reduce travel costs as much as possible…Along with the other things that are always discussed like TV revenue, recruiting area, etc.
Back to the top

fauowl said

That's a very generic article.  I think you can take out MTSU and insert any SunBelt team and have the same article.  They didn't give any reasoning why it would be MTSU over anyone else.

I believe geography will play some role as teams and conferences want to reduce travel costs as much as possible…Along with the other things that are always discussed like TV revenue, recruiting area, etc.

I agree, FAU has just as good or better of a chance than any SunBelt team because of being in South Florida (hopefully in our NEW stadium) and reasons listed above.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Decent article but I agree FAU and even FIU would be prefered primarily due to this; as a conference, do you want to add the Murfresboro, TN market or South FL. media market's? No brainer!
Back to the top
Control functions: