Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Denver makes Lacrosse Playoff Tournament

Denver makes Lacrosse Playoff Tournament

Not that Lacrosse is a Sun Belt sport, but Denver is in the Sun Belt. Plus not many follow this great sport, but good for them…

Playoff Bracket

article link

Pioneers to Face Stony Brook in NCAA Tournament First Round

DENVER - The No. 12 University of Denver men's lacrosse team (12-4, 7-0 ECAC) will face No. 6 Stony Brook University (12-3, 5-0 AEC) in the first round of the NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Tournament, it was announced today during ESPNU's Selection Show. The Pioneers were chosen as No. 9 seed and the Seawolves No. 8.

The Pioneers, winners of the Eastern College Athletic Conference, will travel to face the Seawolves, winners of the America East Conference, on Saturday, May 15, at 3 p.m. MT at LaValle Stadium in Stony Brook, N.Y., with the game being broadcast on ESPNU.

Information on tickets will be released in the coming week.

PIONEER NOTES

Denver is 3-2 against Stony Brook, including a 13-12 come-from-behind win on March 19 earlier this season that sparked the Pioneers nine-game winning streak.
The Pioneers are 0-2 in the postseason, having lost both of their first round games to Maryland. (2006: 16-8; 2008: 10-7)
Coach Tierney is ranked tied for fourth for the best winning percentage in the postseason with an impressive 30-12 record (71.4). Tierney also ranks second in career NCAA postseason wins (30) and is tied for first with Syracuse's Roy Simmons Jr., with six national titles. All of Coach Tierney's titles came while he was the head coach at Princeton.
The Pioneers are currently on a nine-game winning streak heading into the postseason, making I thte longest streak in the Pioneers' Division I history. The streak began with a 13-12 come-from-behind win over Stony Brook and has included wins over Air Force (9-6 and 15-7), Hobart (17-13), Bellarmine (12-8), Quinnipiac (14-10), Ohio State (10-9), Fairfield (9-8) and Loyola (12-4).
Back to the top

Re: Denver makes Lacrosse Playoff Tournament

NCowl said

Denver is 3-2 against Stony Brook, including a 13-12 come-from-behind win on March 19 earlier this season that sparked the Pioneers nine-game winning streak.

Could be a:

Back to the top
Control functions: