Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Thread: FGCU vs FAU

Add topic

The Match-up - Florida Atlantic: ( 31-17, SBC 19-8) - Florida Gulf Coast ( 31-16, A-SUN 20-4 )

Tuesday's Match-up: May 11th - 6:30 p.m.

FAU: Projected starter - RHP Kevin Alexander (3-3, 6.27 ERA)
FGCU: Projected starter - TBA

The Series: The Eagles hold a 4-1 series advantage.  Today game marks the second of a home-home series.  The teams last met on April 20, 2010 in a contest that went into extra innings. The Owls edged the the Eagles 11-9, 4-3 in 10 innings at Swanson Stadium.

Gametracker: HERE
Listen Live:  HERE
[br]
Inside the Eagles Dugout

• [li]The Eagles will enter tonight contest ranked first in the Atlantic Sun standings after a 3-game series sweep over ETSU.[/li]
    [li]The Eagles hold a .333 team batting average with eight players hitting above .300.  The team is led by West Palm Beach native Mikel Alvarez’s who holds a .388 average with 14 doubles, three home runs, and 32 RBI.[/li]
    [li]Stephen Wickens of  Ontario, Canada is second on the squad with a .380 average, with 29 RBI, 51 runs, and 15 stolen bases.[/li]
    [li]The Eagles have outscored their opponents 385-281 on the season and have a pitching staff that has an ERA of 5.29 and striking out 394 batters while walking 160. [/li]

[br]
Inside the Owls Dugout
  • [li]The Owls hold a RPI of 33 and have won seven of their last nine games and rank first in the Sun-Belt Conference standings.[/li]
    [li]As a team the Owls have a team batting average of .310 and have outscored their opponents 317-25 and their pitching staff have an ERA of 4.68 with 345 strike outs and holding opponents to a .277 batting average.[/li]
    [li]Dan Scheffler leads the Owls offensive attack with his .406 batting average, 57 RBI, 19 doubles, and 14 home runs.[/li]
    [li]The Owls are 12-4 in one run games and stand perfect in extra innings at 3-0.[/li]
    [li]FAU have 5 players hitting above .300, two are above .400…Scheffler (.406) and Andy Mee (.404).[/li]

Back to the top

Re: Game Thread: FGCU vs FAU

Jab979 will be providing LIVE game day coverage for tonight's game.
Back to the top

Game Thread: FGCU vs FAU

Per FAU, tonight's game has been moved to 6:30 p.m.
Back to the top

Quick start for Alexander as he strikes out the 1st batter of the game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

After a base hit the Owls turn 2. Delguidice to Church to Scheffler. End of a half FGCU 0 Owls coming to bat

Back to the top

That ball is high that ball is far that ball isss GONE. Its a leadoff HR for Church and the Owls lead 1-0

Back to the top

After 2 consecutive singles. Owls have 1st and 2nd with 2 outs. Delguidice at the plate

Back to the top

Delguidice grounds out to second leaving 2 men on. At the end of 1 FAU 1 Gulf Coast 0

Back to the top

FGCU goes down 1-2-3. We head to the bottom of the 2nd FAU one top 1-0

Back to the top

Its another HR for the Owls. Chase Verguson with a 2-run jack. Owls up 3-0

Back to the top
Control functions: