Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Men’s Hoops Inks International Standout

Add topic

Argentinean guard Pablo Bertone becomes second member of 2010 class

It appears FAU coach Mike Jarvis is content and settled on a calculated recruiting strategy that will place emphasis on skill, speed, depth, and the guard position.

Just a few weeks ago Dennis Mavin of The Rock School became the first member of the 2010 class.  Now, the slashing guard has company.

Pablo Bertone of Rise Academy in Philadelphia, PA will join Mavin as the second signee for Florida Atlantic this season according to Rise Academy coach Vin Sparacio.

Story
Back to the top

Re: Men’s Hoops Inks International Standout

As soon as the World Cup is over I'll be excited about this signing, damn Argentineans! Hopefully the "Hand of God" can help him as much as it helped Maradonna.  ;D
Back to the top

Guess this means Shipman aint coming here?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I am hearing he is gonna sign with UM. While it would be nice to sign a big name like Shipman, I also believe he has some character issues we really don't want here.

Nice fade away jumper and a 20 year old freshman is cool, shows maturity a body control on the court and I hops he plays a lot and is not simply another "token" player.
Back to the top

??? another guard  ???
Back to the top

Men’s Hoops Inks International Standout

owlmart said

??? another guard  ???

You don't need a big man. Why get size when you can kill em with speed. Speed, speed, speed. We will be able to do a run n gun type of offense. We will be so fast up and down the court there will be a lot of odd man breaks for the Owls because the defense won't be able to get back in time to set up to defend us

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlmart said

??? another guard  ???

You don't need a big man. Why get size when you can kill em with speed.

We have plenty of big men… they're just not dominating big men (with the exception of Brett Royster).

DeMonte Simpson better be a monster when he returns to the court next season.

I also hope Kore White lives up the hype.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

owlmart said

??? another guard  ???

You don't need a big man. Why get size when you can kill em with speed.

We have plenty of big men… they're just not dominating big men (with the exception of Brett Royster).

DeMonte Simpson better be a monster when he returns to the court next season.

I also hope Kore White lives up the hype.
simply put speed didnt kill em last yr and it wont kill em this yr, until we have a low post threat we will not win the sun belt…our problem last yr was getting out rebounded, inconsistent at the 3 pt line, and interior defense when Royster was not in the game.  I fail to see how signing 2 more guards fixes that need especially when you already have another guard coming in 2011. Maybe coach sees something in one of the freshman we signed last yr or Davis is better than we think but personally I dont see how signing two more guards fixes any of our problems
Back to the top

We absolutely need a dominating big man to get to the next level.

Speed is fun to watch, and can win some Belt games, but fundamental basketball is having a big man and the top tier schools usually have them.  There is a premium on the good ones, so it is very difficult to get them for a mid major.

Many schools have speed, so sometimes you will win and some times you will lose if thats your entire game and that was the result last year even in the Belt.
Back to the top

owlmart said

??? another guard  ???

I agree.  I got all the faith in the world in Jarvis.  But enough with the guards already.
Back to the top
Control functions: