Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Hockey Names New Coach

Add topic

This is only newsworthy because the FAU Hockey team hired former Panthers goon Peter Worrell as head coach.  I guess there will be a lot more fighting where ever it is they play.  ;D

In Other News: Keith Ballard Has Surgery ... Peter Worrell is Big Man on Campus | On Frozen Pond
Back to the top

Re: FAU Hockey Names New Coach

Lol...
Back to the top

and some more drunk driving.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

"I have really enjoyed coaching, and I just felt this would be a new opportunity for me and would give more legitimacy to the FAU program," said Worrell, who played for the Panthers from 1997 to 2003.

Sentinel Article
Back to the top

FAU Hockey Names New Coach

Rick said

I just felt this would be a new opportunity for me and would give more legitimacy to the FAU program," said Worrell

I tend to agree. I have learned more about FAU hockey today than I have over the past uh, forever.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I tend to agree. I have learned more about FAU hockey today than I have over the past uh, forever.

From the archives if interested…has a vid link…….

FAU Ice Hockey

:)
Back to the top

Does he get paid?
Back to the top

Don't think so…….

"The team gets little financial support from the university, and Grosky said he is hoping adding Worrell as coach could attract more sponsors to help defer the costs."

Sounds like Club budget through SG only?
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

I just felt this would be a new opportunity for me and would give more legitimacy to the FAU program," said Worrell

That's why I went to FAU in the late 90's to play on the club team. It was like 7 guys from up north who where all friends and told me they had enough players.. WTF… without even seeing me play. It wasn't much back then, just a team that played in a adult league in Pompano, but still.

He may of been an enforcer, but he still knows the game and is a great addition to the FAU family, good luck to Peter and the team!
Back to the top

Rick said

Don't think so…….

"The team gets little financial support from the university, and Grosky said he is hoping adding Worrell as coach could attract more sponsors to help defer the costs."

Sounds like Club budget through SG only?

Yeah, I worked at Incredible Ice in college which is FAU's "home ice".  Anyway, they are a club sport and used to recieve $3,000 a year from FAU…not sure if that has gone up since 2004 but its not much money when you are talking ice hockey.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: